cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Prepaid Sim for Contract number

I bought a new phone which included a prepaid sim card. I already have an optus post paid sim and number which I want to transfer to the new sim. Can I simply transfer the post paid number to the prepaid sim card ? I am going from a standard sim to a micro sim pohne or I would simply put it straght in. The post paid sim card does not have the push out option for smaller sims. Thanks 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Prepaid Sim for Contract number

It should work during the plan signup. It will ask if you want to keep your number.

Ordinarily you'd do a plan change within the account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Prepaid Sim for Contract number

You'll need to change your post paid plan to prepaid with Customer Service first, from here you can then request a replacement SIM activation to transfer your number to the new SIM.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos