cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor mery
Occasional Contributor

Prepaid SIM from 2 years ago, use again?

i have a Prepaid SIM from 2 years ago, can i recharge that wit the "My Prepaid Daily Plus" for 10$, so that I can call with that for 30 days and have 500MB for that time, with 2$ more?

Or what is the smallest plan, which I can get for 3 Weeks? Only for call and 500 MB?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Occasional Contributor lisa03
Occasional Contributor

Re: Prepaid SIM from 2 years ago, use again?

I'm pretty sure you can use your SIM card as long as it's already been activated before the expiry date on the actual SIM. 

If you have already activated it then you can use it. 

I am currently on the My Prepaid Daily Plus plan and I pay $2.00 a day and get unlimited calls and texts as well as 500GB of data daily. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Ev_

Hi @mery, before recharging the service, it's best to SMS "BAL" to 9999 to confirm which plan you're currently on.

On the Prepaid Daily Plus plan, a $10 recharge will give you unlimited calls & texts, & 500MB for $2/day with a 30 day expiry. Please follow this link for all our current Prepaid offers.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for answer.

If I don't need data, can I unlimited call & text with that 10 $ für 30 days to all nummbers or only to numbers from optus?

0 Kudos
Moderator Wesley-J

You will receive Unlimited calls to standard Australian mobiles and landlines, 13/1300 numbers and Voicemail as well as Unlimited standard national SMS and MMS. 🙂

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

And can I call other numbers or only Optus numbers unlimited with the 10 $ ?

0 Kudos
Moderator Ev_

The plan includes unlimited calls to all standard Australian numbers on any provider 🙂 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

So now i tried to use my old sim card but Not working in the Phone, How i can activate it again and Put on the 10 $ for Calls and Texts?

Or have i buy a New one? And if have to do it, How many cost it?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi @mery, when did you last recharge your prepaid service? 

if the number is still active in our systems, you'll just need to pop into your local Optus store and request a SIM replacement.

They'll activate the new SIM with your existing prepaid mobile number,

If the number has since expired, there is a process to retrieve it (as long as it's an Optus owned number). 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

About 2 years ago, I thing it will be June 2016, when I recharged it.

How can I check, if it is active? If I put it in my phone, that don't find a netz.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors