Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
CarBun
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Prepaid Long Expiry SIM - activation date

I've purchased a Prepaid Long Expiry SIM on 8th May 2020. Then Optus/Toll got hacked. Still haven't received a tracking number, only an Order Number for the purchase. You don't deliver to POBox, so I had it sent interstate to a relative. With these delays, by the time it reaches my relative interstate, then when my relative sends it to me, it can easily reach me well after the 30 days of activation from the date of purchase (as per your packaging instruction). Once I finally receive this SIM and I would call you, can you extend the activation period as it clearly won't be my fault for not activating it within the activation period. Or will the SIM  become useless and I will lose the value of it completely. PS: I'm a Virgin Mobile customer and I need this SIM to port my number to Optus ASAP.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Prepaid Long Expiry SIM - activation date

You won't need to call Optus to activate your SIM, it's done online.

So an option would be for your relative to activate it for you before sending it to you if you're worried about missing the activation deadline. Once activated you can request to put outgoing barrings on it if that's a concern and then unbar once you receive it.

Not sure how strict of a deadline it is but it can't be extended.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos