Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Premium SMS on Prepaid EPIC plans

Hi, I just signed up to the $180 prepaid EPIC plan which includes many thing but doesn't have included credit; does this mean that Premium SMS is already turned off and can't be used (which is what I want) or can it still somehow charge you (being on prepaid)? I have the same question for international calls, can they be made and what are the remifications if you don't have credit as such? Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Premium SMS on Prepaid EPIC plans

What does it include?

Buy a SIM now and activate on Optus Prepaid Epic Value to receive:

• 120GB DATA
    Includes 60GB bonus data. Charged by KB.

Shouldn't you have $120 credit?

Optus disable Premium SMS by default now. You need to contact them if you want to activate it.

If you make international calls you'll be charged International rates (up until you run out of credit.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. The EPIC prepaid plan includes all national calls and text, including MMS; and no mention of credit. There is options for international calls at an extra charge.
Shoo that much bee a better question, does the EPIC 180 include $180 credit?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If you brought the starter pack ,you are correct, no credit is provided. If you sms 'BAL' to 9999 it will give you a break down of your inclusion
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you.

Now that I have access to the Optus App I can report no credit and that 3rd party content is indeed active. I have switched off both 3rd party content but the question still remains... what happens, or can it happen where you are charged for 3rd party content when your plan has no credit?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Premium SMS via Optus has essentially been shut down. Even if you opt in they're only a limited list of approved subscribers available now. On prepaid you can't subscribe unless you have the money available.
0 Kudos