Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor curl2013
New Contributor

Premium SMS - How to increase spend limit?

Cannot send entries to today show through text or online. There is no way to activate the premium sms or increase spend limit. How do i do this?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Premium sms

Hi there curl2013,

To increase the spend limit, customers need to get in touch with Optus.

Contact details can be found on the link provided.

Good luck with the competition!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor curl2013
New Contributor

Yes thank you have tried that still waiting no luck very frustrating 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Oh I wonder why, if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details and they may be able to assist.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor curl2013
New Contributor

Hi after 6 phone calls and one persistent Optus Team Member it's finally been solved this morning. He had to reset things. I think the other personnel didn't know how to fix it. 
Thank you though for your help x

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Be careful. You're now also vulnerable to being automatically signed up to a $10 for a new joke a 12 month 'service' (if you cancel early all payments are due at once). Optus will bill you for the amount.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor BellaGirl79
New Contributor

I had the same issue - I couldn’t send an sms for a competition.

I contacted the Optus team & apparently I need to provide details of my employment and income before I can activate it! Seriously?! I’m not applying for a bank loan! 

This is information that Optus doesn’t need to know just so I can text a code word, sit by my phone and hope to answer it on a Monday morning with “I wake up with Today”!

My contract is just about up (if it isn’t already). Me thinks I’ll be shopping around for another carrier!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor curl2013
New Contributor

Hi it took a lot of persistence and it was solved they raised my limit to $20 but it wasn't until I came across 1 helpful person willing to work it out. You don't need to provide any income details etc it just depends who you speak to. Apparent he had to reset something x

0 Kudos
Top Contributors