cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Premium SMS CustomersWant Out

Hi

With apologies for adding another post regarding Premium SMS.

Many people will have read the ABC articles which have been publshed over the last couple of days of how many customers have been 'scammed' into signing up for premium SMS services.   Interestingly it appears Telstra and Optus have been receiving the most complaints with Vodafone well down the list.  When these telcos were contacted by the ABC according to the articles they received no real explanation of how these customers unwittingly signed up for these services.

It is time for Optus, Telstra and other telcos to own up to their money making grab and ensure that customers have to opt in to paying for premium services and not, as in the case of Optus, automatically set then premium SMS limit at $200 per calendar month.

Please listen Optus to what your customers want.

Link to the latest ABC article: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-02/so-youve-been-sucked-into-a-phone-billing-scam/8762610

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
1 Reply
Moderator Aman_B

Re: Premium SMS CustomersWant Out

Hi @Davelew,  totally understand your concerns and really appreciate for taking out time to write us about this. As a service provider Optus is giving the freedom to customers to select or change their spend limit for Premium and this can be done from My account. Yes we understand that the spend limit could be at $0.00 but there are customers who use this service and also the access for this is required for popular TV shows that require voting (like Australia Got Talent). Please feel free to PM us → http://yesopt.us/pmaman with your details and we can discuss this and also I can check your spend limit. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors