cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Premium Content on a Data share Sim card

Looks like a similar story for most people.  Not sure how but one of my data-share sim was being charged these so called Premium Contents since 1st July 2017.  They seen to have been charging me $10 PER WEEK until I rang last week to stop them.

I don't know how Optus can allow these so called Premium Contents can be charged when they were supposed to need authorisation from an SMS and data sims DO NOT and CANNOT send SMS.  And so far my experience with calls to Optus is that they obviously seems to know that there is a lot of people complaining so they are trying to hide from these complaints and hope by making it difficult for people to complain they will go away (and pay for it too).

Been with Optus on mobile, home phone, moible broadband, cable then NBN for like 18 years and I can't believe the standards have dropped so bad.  Hated Telstra and never wanted to go there but looks like I might have to if I can't get this resolve

Anyway, if I can get some assistance to this matter in here it would be good.  I was just about to going to the TIO as it seems their complaint process was much easier to deal with. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Premium Content on a Data share Sim card

Hi

First of all edit you post to remove the SIM card number as this an open forum.

To prevent these charges in future set you Premium SMS spend to zero.   You can do this either online by logging into My Accoiunt or online chat to Optus support.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Rascal, the very fact that you have been subscribed to a Premium SMS service when you do not have the ability to send or receive an SMS just proves that the industry opt-in code of practice is not being adhered to. There are many people on these and other boards who have been charged for PSMS services on data only sims which proves that it is not just a one off "technical issue" but it is accross the board.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hello @Rascal

I'm sorry for the delayed response. So we're able to report this and also assist with organising a refund, please send us a private message confirming your phone/ account number, full name and date of birth.  Thank you and sorry again! 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors