cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Preconnect data usage

My data usage says preconnect used over 20gb at 5.47pm on 4/1/21. This is in the future! I have only 1gb of data left. Can someone help me sort out where it’s gone?! 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Preconnect data usage

Hi @Geoghs,

Thank you for raising this issue.

Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Preconnect data usage

Unfortunately Optus data tracking is rubbish. More unfortunately Optus benefit financially by it being rubbish so they much rather get it wrong up front and apologise later. If you have an Android you should be setting local data usage limits and warnings on the phone to accurately track data in real time.

See what the phone settings say now. They should be able to list data usage over the past few days and break it down by app. Its entirely possible the Optus report is incorrect. Unfortunately Optus won't / can't do much about the reported data as they only deal with what is listed on the bill at the end of the month. You might find this 20Gb is never listed.

Good Luck
0 Kudos