cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Postpaid to Prepaid

What is the process to move/migrate a postpaid account to prepaid? I am attempting to migrate my mother's account/number to a prepaid account from out-of-contract postpaid as she rarely uses her phone, and the yearly savings are substantial.

I have activated the prepaid sim using the standard procedure on the packaging, entering all her details and her existing Optus number/account number/etc necessary to move her number across. It is now 3 days later and nothing appears to have happened despite the advertised timing on the packaging.

The prepaid sim "appears" activated but when you text from it, the sender is an 02 number, and she can not receive or make calls. She has received no emails regarding the process, and limited sms. Please advise the timeframe / process for this migration as it is becoming very frustrating, given that it should be a simple matter to migrate an existing Optus customer to Optus.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Postpaid to Prepaid

Hi rbz,

Just confirming, did you (or your mother if the service is in her name) contact Optus as I believe is needed or use the Rate Plan Change Portal to request a Postpaid to Prepaid transfer?

Or have you just bought a Prepaid kit?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I just bought a prepaid kit and activated it as the directions using her existing Optus number.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I think you'll find/have found that's not the way to go about doing a Postpaid to Prepaid transfer. ☹️ 

The Account Holder needs to get in contact with Optus as soon as possible.

My suggestion would be in writing as it may have become a little complex.

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please Message Us here or from your My Optus app under the Help menu.  

Let us know how you go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos