Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Post paid - Opt out of automatic data top up

Thanks for the offer Jax, I will PM you my details.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

There is an option to set the mobile data limit and this option is not visible with the mobile data off. Once set the mobile data will be disconnected at whatever limit you set. Smiley Happy

set-data-limit1.jpg

set-data-limit2.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Cheers. Samsung S7 is missing those options. I know them well from S5 and S6 I previously used.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The Galaxy S7 range should have the data limit settings. Did you try the below at all? 

Setting a Data Usage Limit

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen.
  2. Tap the Settings icon.
  3. Tap Data Usage.
  4. Scroll down and tap the status switch beside Set Mobile Data Limit.
  5. Drag the orange bar up or down to set the upper limit of data use for the set period.

There are some Youtube clips (I can't link these here though) for setting this up on the latest Galaxy phones too. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have a grey import. Maybe it's a dodgy ROM. I'd not bothered with any update yet. I know the option, it's just not there. Might try a factory reset when convenient. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Is this data limiting available on an iPhone 7?

i used to be very happy to send a text message and get one, three or 5 extra gigs. 

Not happy with this auto apply of data packs. 

Has anyone else notice the apps data usage works excenty for 29 days of the statement (updates every 4 hours or less)but is never available or just won’t update on the last day of the statement. 

When a data pack is applied do you usually receive a text message to advise this?

thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey HWill, check out this article from Apple here for more info on limiting data use. When a data pack is applied you would be notified of it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jordan

thank you for the reply. 

I have twice submitted questions via Contact us as I had a number of questions. I have received two email replies but never an answer as to why I never received a text message on the 20th Jan to advise that a data pack had been applied. 

I did not find this out until the 25th Jan when I received my bill which stated I had received a data pack and used a total of 15.03gb with 990.46mb remaining. 

If if I had been told a data pack had been applied I would have used it. 

I suspect the data pack was applied within an hour of my statement rollover to a new month. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Ah right, I believe that's what it might be if the data has gone over within a short timeframe before the rollover. Have a chat with our Billing guys when you get a chance and we may be able to get it removed given the circumstances and lack of notification. They'll be able to check when exactly it's gone over too. Jordan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Did you have any luck with cancelling the automatic add on? I need to cancel mine because I keep on getting charged for it, I'd rather I just get cut off from using my 3G after using the amount I originally paid for in my plan.

0 Kudos