Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Possible to re-activate expired prepaid number?

_KC_

Went overseas and my prepaid number expired a month ago. Not able to recharge online. It is possible to re-activate the number? The number is link to my bank account, but I can't go to the bank to change the number as I'm still overseas.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Re: Possible to re-activate expired prepaid number?

Yeldarb

This should be doable my friend. Try speaking with support via the live chat link below. Alternatively if you have the latest Optus app on your phone there is a live chat feature built into that.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

petergdownload

Your number remains in excrow for 6 months.

You should be able to reactivate it on request. 

However it might be simpler to contact the bank and just use alternate methods of ID to update your contact details.

Regards 

Peter Gillespie

PhilC

Hi @_KC_ if you've not already been able to activate your number please feel free to PM the full name, number and date of birth attached to the account so we can assist. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Solution

_KC_

Thanks for your response.

Contacted support over live chat. Yes, doable but have to get a new SIM which I'm not able to right now.

Dan_C

Ah, great to hear @_KC_

If you have any other questions for us, feel free to shoot them on through Smiley Happy I hope you've had a great Christmas and a happy New Year ahead! 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

faquito

Hi, 

Initial attempt on Live chat told me to follow the exact instructions to reactivate. Buy SIM from store.. Reactivate.

Clerk told me this is impossible. Now another person on Live Chat has told me that I was informed correctly by the 1st live chat operator. 

Which is correct then?

Is it possible to reactivate my expired number or not?

petergdownload

Its a bit of a coin toss. Depends how long it has been defunct? Does Optus own the number? Has anyone else got the number?

Try the process you've been given if you want but chances are it will fail.

Good Luck

Peter Gillespie 

faquito

10 days (12/01/19)

Not being used (tested by calling)

Unsure how ownership/porting works, been with Optus for years and had this number for a very long time.

faquito

This has been resolved.

Luckily on my 3rd attempt at the Live Chat, I was transferred to Luca on the other end, who managed to resolve my issue online as well as process my follow on request for a plan change. 

- The process listed above is incorrect, a new SIM was not required, nor was a visit to the store - This was mentioned by the 1st operator.

- The staff at the Innaloo WA store were correct in that they couldn't do it in store, but they also mentioned it was impossible to reactivate and that I needed to get a new number.

- Boell - the operator on my 2nd chat was wrong in almost everything he said. He told me it was my fault for not recharging after 90 days of my credit expiring and that was their policy. He mentioned that Optus only kept the number in "Quarantine" for 90 days even after I mentioned to him and linked him terms in the ROU, stating a 6 month Quarantine period.

I guess, if anyone else is in this situation, then get in contact with Luca or quote this reference number 45330241A to see what to do. 

I'm lucky that the 1st operator didn't flat out say it was impossible.*

*Acknowledge my own fault here in not recharging prior to Expiry.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
109 Kudos
103 Kudos
84 Kudos
78 Kudos
43 Kudos