Searching...

Mobile

Re: Porting

Tbrad2352

Hi, I got told this this arvo at about 1pm that it would take 15min to 4 hours only to find that it didn’t even create an create a order at all. Went on to online chat and spent a good 20 min doing it manually. Once it was completed I had received a message saying activation was complete only to find out around about 3-3.5 hours later it still isn’t complete,but there is a porting issue and the activation team won’t be in until 8am tomorrow morning. I needed my phone for work which I start at 5:30am in the morning. Really messes up my work day as I use it for work purposes.

Dan_C

Any news since posting last? If you'd like us to go in and take a look, we're happy to do that for you.

Send us a private message. We'll need your full name, DOB and mobile number. 

Are you also porting your number across from Virgin? If so, the Virgin account number would be really handy. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

KimT

Can someone please help me?

I purchased a new post-paid sim only plan online through the optus website on Dec 13th. This arrived in mail on Dec 17th when I called up to have my telstra number ported over. They attempted to do this over the weekend and I lost service on my telstra account but did not get an servce on my new optus sim.
4 online chats, and 2 phonecalls (that just today) later and I am finally told the truth, that they have cancelled my contract wihtout notifying me because they can't port my number.
So I go into a physical store and sign up for the exact same post-paid plan and request to port my number in store. They lovely sales assistant tells me it will take up to 4 hours. Its been 4 hours so I contact telstra to ask if there are any issues with them. They check and say that no request has come from optus yet to tranfer the number over yet. So naturally I go online to request for more info. They said that the port will take 24 hours... why the change of timeframe?
So i call customer service and get transferred to 3 different departments. The porting team finally tell me that they can see the pending request and that they have actioned it now and it will take 3 hours so process.

So I'm currently waiting for that 3 hours to be up but all I can say is that if this isn't done in 3 hours you guys can expect a cancellation. Not even out of anger anymore, out of pure frustration that you don't seem to be able to action my request or give me a definite reason that it can't be done. Just promises that it will be done but no action.
Perhaps Telstra is more expensive because they are easier to deal with. I don't know but I'm startign to think it is worth the money.

Dan_C

Doesn't sound great.

I'm happy to go in and take a look @KimT.

If you haven't had luck since posting, you're more than welcome to message us with your details. I'll need your full name, DOB and the mobile number. 

If we're porting a number across from a carrier such as Telstra, we'll always quote a porting timeframe of 3-4 hours (provided we've received the correct details required to successfully transfer your service across to Optus). 

Optus Porting Hours

• Mon–Fri:8am–8pm AEST
  • Saturdays:10am–6pm AEST (except national public holidays)

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

KimT

Thanks so much @Dan_C have private messaged you now.

No luck yet but received an automated sms from optus this morning at 9am saying my sim would be active in 3 hours.

It's 5pm now and I last spoke to customer service at 4pm who said the request was still processing.

Appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks again!!! 

Dan_C

I've just gotten a hold of that one @KimT

I'm taking a look now. I'll reply back to your message with some more info Smiley Happy  

KimT

Just an update on the situation. 

I went into the optus store in springvale and was helped by one of the staff there. They said my journal order had been put through on a new system and then not properly cancelled.  Then new order out through on old system and not properly initiated and so they're stopping each other from taking effect somehow andante effectively stuck in the system. They have now lodged a ticket with the it team to get this fixed which will take a further 5 days with a weekend and public holiday in the middle.  

In the meantime I received my first bill from optus  saying that $59 will be taken from my account in a fortnight.... 

What's going on Optus? 

My service has not yet commenced and you're charging me $18 more than the $41 plan I signed up for.... And don't currently have access to.  

I'm so incredibly lost. 

Highlighted

KimT

OK so finally my telstra number lost service, indicating port on progress at anojt 5om last night. By 2pm today still no service on the optus sim. I went into Waverley Gardens optus store and spoke to Zane who replaced my sim and had it ported and working in under 2 mins and cancelled the incorrect bill. What an absolute legend, can't recommend higher. If you're in Vic and having issues, the optus store in Waverley Gardens has some really great staff and Zane has just been a delight. 

Thanks again! 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
152 Kudos
128 Kudos
96 Kudos
96 Kudos
75 Kudos