Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Porting

Huey61

Only last night went on chat to activate sim. Was told 48 hours to port from Virgin to Optus. Let’s see how this goes!

Solution

Re: Porting

Dan_C

@Huey61, 

24-48 hours isn't the usual time-frame. We'll usually quote an activation time-frame of fifteen minutes - four hours (max). That's from the time in which we'd submitted the port-in request. 

Now, there's a backlog of orders due to the popularity of the new targeted Virgin mobile customer plans. We've added more backend resources to support the demand, so hopefully it will be smooth sailing moving forward!

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Huey61

Thanks Dan. Optus did great. All services now ported!

Dan_C

Ah, awesomeSmiley Happy 

Thanks for the update @Huey61

If any other questions come up, let us know! Have a great evening. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Buds123

Hey Dan, I'm on day 8 without mobile service. Requested activation last Thursday night. Why is Hueys activated and mine is not? 

Buds123

You must be 1 lucky bloke. Activated without hassle. I'm on my 8th day and not yet activated. Chatted of time, called and kicked all over the place, submitted complaint with TIO and still nothing! 

Dan can you explain what's going on?

kth137

Same issue with me. 15 days now, still not ported!

Dan_C

@kth137, can you send us a private message with your details → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. We'll go in and confirm what actions needs to be taken. 

I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

Highlighted

Se1

I also got the same problem with Optus from this Saturday. Seems Optus's porting systems get frequent outages? God help to whoever wants to switch to Optus. 

Se1

My bad luck didn't see these issues before deciding to port my number to Optus. People need to be beware switching to Optus.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
154 Kudos
125 Kudos
96 Kudos
95 Kudos
75 Kudos