cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Huey61
New Contributor

Porting

Only last night went on chat to activate sim. Was told 48 hours to port from Virgin to Optus. Let’s see how this goes!

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Porting

@Huey61, 

24-48 hours isn't the usual time-frame. We'll usually quote an activation time-frame of fifteen minutes - four hours (max). That's from the time in which we'd submitted the port-in request. 

Now, there's a backlog of orders due to the popularity of the new targeted Virgin mobile customer plans. We've added more backend resources to support the demand, so hopefully it will be smooth sailing moving forward!

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Huey61
New Contributor

Thanks Dan. Optus did great. All services now ported!

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, awesomeSmiley Happy 

Thanks for the update @Huey61

If any other questions come up, let us know! Have a great evening. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor Buds123
Occasional Contributor

Hey Dan, I'm on day 8 without mobile service. Requested activation last Thursday night. Why is Hueys activated and mine is not? 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Buds123
Occasional Contributor

You must be 1 lucky bloke. Activated without hassle. I'm on my 8th day and not yet activated. Chatted of time, called and kicked all over the place, submitted complaint with TIO and still nothing! 

Dan can you explain what's going on?

0 Kudos
New Contributor kth137
New Contributor

Same issue with me. 15 days now, still not ported!

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@kth137, can you send us a private message with your details → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. We'll go in and confirm what actions needs to be taken. 

I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Se1
New Contributor

I also got the same problem with Optus from this Saturday. Seems Optus's porting systems get frequent outages? God help to whoever wants to switch to Optus. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
New Contributor Se1
New Contributor

My bad luck didn't see these issues before deciding to port my number to Optus. People need to be beware switching to Optus.

0 Kudos