cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Porting time from Virgin service to Optus service

Hi l am just wondering if all is ok because l was told by Optus operator Luan, in Manila that porting from Virgin to Optus to the Samsung galaxy SA8 would happen 2 hours after the Sim in the s8 was installed. But that has not occurred. Is this a problem or does it really take longer to happen and Luan was unaware of delay?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Porting time from Virgin service to Optus service

Hey @EA1,

Sorry to hear about the delay.

Are you still needing a hand with this?

You're most welcome to PM me and we can certainly check this out for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

I had a bad experience switching from Virgin to Optus.  I had two services to transfer to a single billing account, so had to switch by phone.  All seemed to go well, until I was told that there was an outage in the Optus system handling trnasfers from other providers using the Optus service.  I was reassured that our Virgin services would remain active until the port occurred. New SIMs duly arrived OK.  I then signed into Optus MyAccount to check the contract (as recommended in the order confirmation email, and I discovered that the contract referred to quite a different plan. 

The next day I had a phone call from Optus stating that there was a problem getting my service released from Virgin, because of a mismatch in some data.  I asked about the porting outage, and was told that it was still not resolved, but again assured that my Virgin services would continue operating until the system was up and running again.  A short time later (less than 30 minutes), my phone went "ping" with a message stating that the SIM was not provisioned.  No service on either phone. 

Meantime, the  incorrect contract problem was still not resolved after several chat and phone sessions.

After over 40 hours of no phone service, I finally received an email advising that my new services were connected.  I took another couple of chat sessions and phone calls to get the contract problem resolved - except that Optus My-Account and the My Optus app still do not report the correct (pooled) data allowance - it actually shows more data than allowed for in my plan.  Not sure how that will play out!

0 Kudos

I'm really sorry to hear about the experience you had porting over to us @DougB. If this is still not resolved, please feel free to send through a private message with your account details so we can look into this from our end. We'll need your full name, date of birth and mobiles or account numbers. Thanks

0 Kudos