cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Marpap
Occasional Contributor

Porting prepaid mobile number to Optus prepaid account

I've got myself into difficulties due to old age and ignorance. I had a prepaid Telstra account on one phone which I let expire a fortnight ago. I know that I need to re-activate this account before anything else. However, I already have an Optus prepaid account with a different number on another phone. I want to have my old Telstra number transferred to Optus and give up the other phone. Both phones are unlocked. How can I do this after I reactivate my old Telstra account.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Porting prepaid mobile number to Optus prepaid account

Hi 

I think you will need to get a new prepaid Optus SIM and when you activate this SIM you can get the Telstra number ported over to this SIM. Then you can Chuck your old Optus prepaid SIM.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Porting prepaid mobile number to Optus prepaid account

Hi

Thinking about you Telstra number it is still an active number, and will be for 6 months, so I don't think you need to do anything more Telstra wise.

Anyone out there knows differently please post.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors