Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Vish26
New Contributor
New Contributor

Porting out from Vodafone to Optus

Hey there,

Quick background, I port out from Vodafone almost a week ago (22nd feb 2019), by placing an online on optus website. On Feb 25th, I was being hassled by vodafone to continue my current contract with them, despite the fact me refusing for it. I was informed that I have to pay for the whole month, as my contract ended on 21st Feb. At this moment, I though it is better to continue with this month and they lured me in take there plan cause, they were charging me some fees which I never ever heard of, but eventually I gave up and thought to continue with them. 

Then on 27th Feb, my vodafone sim stopped working and was told that it's already ported to optus. But this happened after vodafone recontracted me.

Will I be charged there cancellation fee? cause when I asked optus about this, they said you shouldn't worry about it now. As I'm with them.

Hope you can help me with this issue.

Regards,

Vish

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Porting out from Vodafone to Optus

Hi Vish,

Welcome to Optus Smiley Happy

You mentioned you thought you would just continue on another month (generally no fee would apply) but then mention they recontracted you (generally a fee would apply).
Only Vodafone can answer if they will be charging you a cancellation fee. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Top Contributors