Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Optus Call Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Porting number

I have been trying to change my mobile plan from TPG to Optus, but have failed miserably.  I have a prepaid account with TPG but Optus seem unable to verify my existing number and so are unable to port it across.  Optus say they have tried making the request many times, but TPG say they are not receiving the requests.  Finally someone at TPG said that if Optus gave me a request ID number that they would sort it out their end, as I, the customer, shouldn't be having to sort this out for them.  This was duly done and TPG notified me that the problem had been solved.  However, Optus are still saying that they cannot verify my number, and as such I'm stuck with TPG.  They keep asking me things like - is my number active?  Yes!  Is all the account information the same? Yes!  Any suggestions?  I really don't want to have to change my phone number, but I also want to swap to a plan whcih offers me double the data for the same price.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Porting number

I'm thinking TPG are playing hard to change numbers. I think someone from Optus needs you in the store with them on the phone to TPG while they chase it up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Porting number

Hey guys, first time I've heard of any issues with numbers coming across from TPG.

https://www.acma.gov.au/Citizen/Phones/Numbers/Keeping-your-number/mobile-number-portability-faq#4

Your current provider must allow you to move to another provider, but a new provider is able to make a commercial decision about whether to accept you as a customer.

Can I just confirm the following?

A TPG port is a standard port, we require the following:

- Matching name as it appears on your TPG account 

-  Matching DOB

- TPG account number

As for the reference number, they'll likely referring to the port in transaction ID. 

You could try our sales support team, you'll need to ask them to reach out to our mobile porting support team.

Optus.com.au/livechat 

- Personal

- Mobile

- Track my order 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos