cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Pacoluca
New Contributor

Porting number from Virgin

Please help, I am having porting issues.

I signed up with Optus and was given a new sim card.

Cid code was provided at sign up and i was told all was in order.

I was told that once my old service disconnects I can simply switch the sim over and Optus service would be ready.

My old service with Virgin has already been disconnected for more than 48hours and my Optus service is still pending.

I can't call or receive calls. I don't have internet access on my phone. I am without a phone service while Optus connects me.
This is really frustrating as who can live without their mobile these days. I rely on my mobile and it's dangerous when I go out and if something happens I can't call anyone.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: Porting number from Virgin

Sorry to hear of the issues with your new Optus service. We'll need to follow up with our Mobile Porting Support team to advise what's causing the delay. Please jump into Live Chat so we can verify your details and follow up right away.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Pacoluca
New Contributor

Hi Toomey

Thanks for your reply but I have chatted online 3 times, called twice and been in store once.

All consultants are giving me different timeframes so I don't know what to do.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Ah ok, that's not good to hear. Shoot me a private message with your number, name and DOB. I'll check it out and get back to you as soon as I can. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Pacoluca
New Contributor

Private msg sent. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos