Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Momo11
New Contributor
New Contributor

Porting number from Virgin

Help!

I have been waiting for my number to ported over from Virgin since 26th Dec. So many phone calls online chats and it still hasn't happened. Worse still I can't make any phone calls from my virgin SIM. I can send and receive text. Receive incoming calls but have no mobile data. And yes I have changed sims turned phone off and on many times. Optus SIM shows I'm not registered o n network! Please fix This!!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Porting number from Virgin

You have to put the correct APN into the mobile thingo settings part of your phone. Virgin has probably left the wrong APN in the phone. The correct one tends to be "connect".

I dunno what's happened to your calls. You might notice the SIM works if you put it into an Optus phone.

See if you can delete the entire Virgin profile.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Porting number from Virgin

Hey @Momo11, it sounds like we've initiated the port in process but the number hasn't come all the way through. 

This type of port is called a same carrier port. If you're attempting to port your number across from an Optus reseller, we'll need to ensure that we've retrieved a CID code from the losing provider. This is used to authorise the port and is submitted along with your full name and DOB.

I've replied back to your PM. I'm happy to help out from there 🙂 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos