Searching...

Mobile

Porting number from Virgin to Optus

[ Edited ]
Nicic

Hi,

I know from reading this forum I am not the only person with this issue.

I received my new SIM on 20/6, after 3 chats with Optus my Virgin account was de activated on 22/6. I have had no service since and nobody at Optus either in chat or in the shop can tell me when I will get a service. Answers vary from 4 hours to 24-48 hours to 2-3 days, although the most common repsonse I get is the undefined 'soon'.

My question is how long has it taken other users to get service? I am trying to work out if I should hang in there or go and get a prepaid SIM for the short term so I can at least make calls. I commute 80kms a day and the thought of making that drive tomorrow with no mobile isn't filling me with joy. As a female travelling alone I rely on a mobile for safety.

Re: Porting number from Virgin to Optus

Dan_C

There have been a couple of issues identified @Nicic.

I've been helping out with this one. 

With the help of our systems support team, we've managed to push through a number of orders. Can I get you to send through your details through to → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N

Your full name:

DOB:

Mobile number:

I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Steve70

Any update on this? I now have no service either and when I rang Optus they could find a service against my number 

Nicic

Hi,

Service was activated 9pm yesterday. I called technical on Sunday morning and raised a complaint, they issued a complaint number. The porting team don't work on a Sunday.

I was called twice yesterday and told service would be activated within the day which it was.

Good luck getting your issues sorted.

Steve70

Thanks. Well done getting yours sorted out. I've contacted optus via phone twice this morning and they are saying they aren't even able to locate my account.

I've lodged a complaint with the ombudsman and I'm going request being returned to Virgin or exited completely. I just want a working phone service!!!

Toomey

Hey @Steve70, is your service still active with Virgin? I can look into this for you from my end and either complete the port or cancel pending order, whatever you wish. Please feel free to send me a private message with the below information so I can check this for you.

Full Name:
DOB:
Phone Number:
Are You The Primary Account Holder: Yes/No

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

HappytoAngry

I have the exact same problem and it's been more than a week and my issue has not been resolved.

All they do is promise and promise promise.. i've spoken to numerous live chat agent who kept on reassuring me that it will be activated and i've got no luck.

I just want a working phone! wish you all the best as well

Shauna

Hey @HappytoAngry - sorry it's taking so long Smiley Sad Can you please PM us, following out the following form → 

Full Name:
DOB:
Phone Number:
Are You The Primary Account Holder: Yes/No

I'll take a look. 

annamill

From this discussion I note I'm not alone. My Virgin number (prepaid) was sent to Optus July20th (no request or approval from me, no notification either) Virgin says it was a system generated move (whatever that means!). A call to my mobile number says that Optus has closed the account. I have been in contact with Optus (Business Center) and Virginmobile, Virgin says it is Optus controlled. Optus told me that they can't port from Virgin to Optus. So at their suggestion I opened a Telstra account - Telstra tells me the port request is rejected. I was heading back to Optus business center, but noted this forum, can you please advise how I can get this issue resolved (I work international and it's impossible for me to update my contact information!)    

Zac_D

Hey @annamill, thanks for reaching out to us. We'll need to take a look at this for you and investigate further, can you please PM us here with:

Full Name:
DOB:
Phone Number:
Are You The Primary Account Holder: Yes/no

Chat with you there.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
137 Kudos
117 Kudos
81 Kudos
80 Kudos
47 Kudos