Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Mishka1
New Contributor

Porting number from Virgin taking way too long

I'm porting from Virgin to Optus. I've tried live chatting, phone calls and visited optus store. Was reassured twice that it would be active in 4 hours.  

After numerous calls and chat sessions, every operator keeps promising me the same thing.and number is still not still not ported after 48 hours.

I was told my number is "stuck" and "pending".

I'm getting desperate as I'm without a phone. I work from home and need my number for work.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Porting number from Virgin taking way too long

When did you submit the port? It can take up to 5 business days as advised on Virgin Mobile's website.

This is not something that we can assist with here on the forum. If you're desperate a suggestion would be to get a prepaid SIM in the meantime.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Mishka1
New Contributor

Re: Porting number from Virgin taking way too long

I didn't submit the port request. I was contacted by Optus sales consultant and was offered a new plan with Optus.

When my phone stopped working , I contacted Optus and was told they ported my number. Was told to go to the store and get a new SIM. I'm trying to get it activated since Tuesday. 

Was reassured twice that it would be active in 4 hours .

Now porting team is telling me i have to wait till 15th of May

0 Kudos
Top Contributors