Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Nat468
New Contributor

Switching from Virgin to Optus

Hi there,

I am switching over from Virgin and have a new SIM card.

So my situation is Virgin decided to cut my service on Monday. The SIM didn’t arrive  until wednesday.

I had it activated, waited until Friday, the request had failed.

Tried again, and here I am still waiting for it to be activated.

I am furious because no one seems to know what to do about it. My work relies on my phone so my income has been seriously affected this week. I have no faith in Optus whatsoever because every time I call someone new, they just tell me to keep waiting.

How long am I supposed to wait for?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Amb96
New Contributor

Re: Virgin mobile number Port

This is a joke. I have had the same thing happen to me the same date and it still isn’t sorted. 

Have you had any luck?

I haven’t been able to do so many things because I haven’t had a phone and I’m starting to get incredibly angry. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Seras
Occasional Contributor

Having the same problem too this is literally day 6 now worth no port still active with virgin. Seriously thinking of canceling this all together.  They should have provide everyone notice ahead before joining Optus that there will be delays!!! I wonder who has been waiting for the longest so far??

0 Kudos
New Contributor Amb96
New Contributor

I totally agree they should warn customers of the delay. 

Mine just got sorted. Keep doing online chats and get them to keep sending through an activation request. Once that happens they will need to also activate it manually or it won’t work!

0 Kudos
New Contributor Antiggi
New Contributor

Still nothing about to start chats again. I mean with virgin pushing for everyone to move to Optus even incentivising you to do so. why weren't they prepared fo this.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Stolla
New Contributor

Re: Porting number from Virgin

4 weeks now and still waiting, logged 9 calls already and got 4 ticket numbers. each time they tell me it will be resolved in 3 days....never happend. the also never get back to you...tried calling,chat and facebook....really bad service.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Porting number from Virgin

Can you send through your details @Stolla

We've raised two high severity  IT cases 1806090535 &1806090558. Fortunately, alot of orders we've received here have began flowing through to completion. 

I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. 

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Rhino4
Occasional Contributor

Re: Porting number from Virgin (taking way to long and consultants giving different timeframes)

Well colour me surprised - yet another 4 hours gone and no phone service activated. Does your porting team even exist? If so are they all drunkards? Or perhaps monkeys somewhere in a zoo, randomly punching keypads until somehow my service is activated? I suppose I can take solace that my case has now been "escalated" so much that God will be looking after it soon and should be able to sort it out.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Rhino4
Occasional Contributor

I have been waiting since Wednesday 06 Jun 18. Virgin service deactivated 07 Jun 18, still no Optus service. Lost track of how many times I have contacted them - always promised it will be resolved by the porting team within 4 hours/24 hours, never delivering. My last message to Virgin via PM should convey my anger and frustration:

Well colour me surprised - yet another 4 hours gone and no phone service activated. Does your porting team even exist? If so are they all drunkards? Or perhaps monkeys somewhere in a zoo, randomly punching keypads until somehow my service is activated? I suppose I can take solace that my case has now been "escalated" so much that God will be looking after it soon and should be able to sort it out.

Occasional Contributor Antman9000
Occasional Contributor

Re: Porting number from Virgin (taking way to long and consultants giving different timeframes)

can you still log in to your virgin account or is that just an issue i have unrelated to this?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors