cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor will106
New Contributor

Re: Porting number from Virgin

i got 2 numbers transferred from Virgin last Friday..

1 is connected on Wednesday which takes ~5days...

the other one is still pending...

and the worst thing is it disconnected from Virgin and waiting to be connected with Optus...

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Porting to Optus & Phone Support Problems

@notalone, would you like us to take a look?

You're more than welcome to send us a PM with your order details. 

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N

Full name:

DOB:

Mobile number: 

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Can you send your details through @will106

We've been able to action a couple of from our end. We'll see if there's anything we can do for you. I do have a form that I've been filling out throughout the day. 

Your full name:

DOB:

Mobile number:

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Gabmax13
New Contributor

Re: Port Virgin Mobile Number to Optus

48 hours later & still waiting for porting & sim activation. Have had numerous chats & phone conversation with their “voice” team. Jae promised to call me today & not surprising that no one else has called me. The first sim that was sent to me had an issue & was “sim locked” so they asked me to pick a new sim from an Optus store yesterday which i did & went onto chat with optus & i demanded to speak to someone instead. Spoke to Ronan & then was transferred to a Jae who said service activation would take 24 hours. It has been more than that & still no service. I regret moving to Optus & would demand that they just forget about the whole sale. Virgin was awesome & you always get to speak with someone over the phone. Very disappointed. 

Occasional Contributor Sidrak
Occasional Contributor

Re: Porting number from Virgin (taking way to long and consultants giving different timeframes)

Hello,

My experience:

1) I started my port from Virgin to Optus on 31 May

2) I placed order on chat and gave them right address but for some reason they forgot to put in unit number in address, so the sim didnt get delivered on 4 Jun. (I have chat history)

3) i asked then to correct the order on 4 Jun. They disconnected my service on 4th Jun.

4) i have been talking everyday with them (chat and call). everyone keeps telling me that they have activated my sim and it will be activated with in 15 mins to 4 hrs.

5) 5/6 different ppl have activated my sim.

6) even as i write this still no service. and i was chatting with someone she said she has activated my sim again and then i asked her to raise a complaint for me then she told me oh if you chatted in working hours your sim would have been activated. Actually I was chatting with them during working hours but they didnt do anything.

I really want then to activate my number to i can port out of optus without paying anything. I will never use optus after this experience

0 Kudos
New Contributor Zipman
New Contributor

Just spent 90 minutes in chat. Nothing yet. Did activation on Wednesday morning, it's now Friday night, 10:57 and still no service. The waiting continues...

0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

Re: Port Virgin Mobile Number to Optus

Hey @Gabmax13 - We've had a volume of similar enquiries come through. 
We can look into this further for you,

can you please PM me with your →

Mobile number

Full Name

DOB

Virgin account number

We'll also need you to confirm that you're the account holder. 

Apologies for the on-going experience. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Ren12a
Occasional Contributor

Re: Porting number from Virgin (taking way to long and consultants giving different timeframes)

I still haven’t had any resolution either - I’m thinking I’m going to need to cancel my new contract with optus and switch to Telstra. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

Hey @Zipman - happy to take a look.
Are you able to follow the instructions above and send us a PM, filling out the following form →

Your full name:

DOB:

Mobile number:

Cheers!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

Hey @Ren12a  - Dan is currently handling this and has escalated this further. Once he has an update, he'll be in touch. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors