cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Pantat
Occasional Contributor

Re: Porting number from Virgin (taking way to long and consultants giving different timeframes)

Is yours working yet? 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Ren12a
Occasional Contributor

Re: Porting number from Virgin (taking way to long and consultants giving different timeframes)

No. @Dan_C (who to be fair, is way more helpful than anyone else I've dealt with) said he'd get back to me this afternoon so hopefully they have a fix. I'm heading overseas next week and was counting on the phone working before I went. Don't want to be sorting this out while on holiday!

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yeah Dan_C told me that he’d hopefully hear back from the team this morning but nothing yet. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys, I've just arrived back in the office.

I'm just going through these ones now. I'll respond back in a tick.

@Pantat, I can see that the port order has been submitted, we're just waiting the order to close off.

@Ren12a, my colleague is just on hold with our Mobile porting support team. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor laurenontheleft
New Contributor

Hi @Dan_C I am also having issues with this porting from Virgin. I have been waiting over 36 hours now with no luck. I have been advised that they have escalated it to IT and will call me when they have more details. I would really like this sorted out ASAP as I use my phone for work. It is very frustrating.

0 Kudos
New Contributor mr-zero
New Contributor

Re: Porting number from Virgin

I've got the same problem.  Tried to kick off the port on Monday (4th June).  Nothing happened.  Contacted Optus again on Wed.  This time my Virgin mobile got disconnected.  I thought great, the port is happening and should be within 4 hours as advised by the Optus chat rep.  

4 hours go by.  Nothing happens.  So I chat with Optus and they advise it may take up to 24 hours.  I chat again late Wed night - this time no help and i'm advised to go to an Optus store.  So off I go on Thursday morning.  The guy in the Optus store tries to help, but basically we go through the same process again of submitting all the info required to do a number port.  Apparently you need to submit this at least 3 times.

It's now Friday afternoon and I still have no mobile service - down for 50 hours and counting.  

I really wish I could have stayed with Virgin. 

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@laurenontheleft, we're starting to receive a large volume of these enquiries.

I'm just putting together as spreadsheet of the impacted customers we've had come through to us on YC and our other social media service channels. 

Can you fill out the template below and send that through via PM?

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N

Your full name:

DOB:

Mobile number:

Virgin account number: 

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor npav
New Contributor

Mine came through now. About 27 hours

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Mine has just come through now too. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys, the ports are slowly coming through. 

I'm going to keep an eye on the accounts I've received over PM. 

I'll keep everyone updated throughout the afternoon/evening. 

I'm here till 9:00PM tonight. 

Top Contributors