cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Ren12a
Occasional Contributor

Re: Porting number from Virgin (taking way to long and consultants giving different timeframes)

Thanks for responding. I’m guessing no one from the call centres been told?

Pretty disappointing service though. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Porting number from Virgin (taking way to long and consultants giving different timeframes)

Hey guys, there are two separate issues that we've now identified. 

I've said the same to @Ren12a over PM:

- Due to the popularity of the new offers, we did have a backlog of port-in orders to get through. Most of the orders in the backlog queue have now been actioned.

- Customers are reporting their service having been ported to Optus before the order fulfilment is complete. This is then causing the orders to fail and not activate as there is no SIM card number attached (or even delivered yet). This seems to only be orders where delivery is required. We’ve been asked to forward these enquiries to the team responsible for managing these requests. We're just trying to determine how many customers have been impacted.

For those who've received their handset and are still waiting on their number to come across, I'll need you to fill out the template below:

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N

Full name:

DOB:

Mobile number: 

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor notalone
New Contributor

Re: Porting to Optus & Phone Support Problems

cant believe this im in exactly the same situation activated new sim mon 4th still waiting for service.

total waste of time ringing or using live chat. Lies,lies,lies cannot believe the lies i have been told.

They hang up on me and tell me whatever they want, requested call backs never happen  and everytime i talk to them there is never any previous details so get the thanks for letting us know. number porting from Virgin to optus is a joke wished i never clicked on the popup link at virgin offering me a sensational experience at optus. At this point i would consider paying double the price at Telstra just to get connected

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@notalone, we've identified two separate issues.

- Due to the popularity of the new offers, we did have a backlog of port-in orders to get through. Most of the orders in the backlog queue have now been actioned.

- Customers are reporting their service having been ported to Optus before the order fulfilment is complete. This is then causing the orders to fail and not activate as there is no SIM card number attached (or even delivered yet). This seems to only be orders where delivery is required. We’ve been asked to forward these enquiries to the team responsible for managing these requests. We're just trying to determine how many customers have been impacted.

For those who've received their handset and are still waiting on their number to come across, I'll need you to fill out the template below:

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N

Full name:

DOB:

Mobile number: 

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor notalone
New Contributor

update!   last phone call i was given an it call log after being told the problem was at virgin not optus, i responded that was very interesting because all week they told me it was optus.

when i queried the it call log dated today i asked the cust service rep to hang on and i would provide yesterdays call log number  but alas i was hung up on. Anyway just finished talking to virgin and they ensure me no request to port my number from them has ever been initiated from optus... Go figure!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
New Contributor notalone
New Contributor

just so everyone is clear , sim card only plan 12 months

porting from virgin to optus.

sim arrived and i activated it online and thats that no cigar, zippo,zilch,nadda 

seems lost in the gazillions.

Anyway searched through the bin 11pm monday to locate my discarded virgin sim and the nights dinner scraps

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
New Contributor Zipman
New Contributor

Re: Porting number from Virgin

I've been waiting almost 48 hours myself. I had two phones on the same account and one ported in about 12 hours, still waiting on the other. Was told the same thing...within 24 hours, again. I've got about 8 hours to go but I'm not feeling too good about it happening.

0 Kudos
New Contributor notalone
New Contributor

day 5 still no cigar!

os airfares and accomodation 20 minutes internet

switch energy providers 12 minutes internet

upgraded nbn plan 5 minutes internet

car service 2.5 hrs in person

optus connection 120 hrs still waiting, internet 8 hrs on chat help desk telephone calls 3.5 hrs  and trip to local optus stor 1/2 hr

obviously a really complex algorithm not developed or seen before 2018.

YES

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
New Contributor npav
New Contributor

Yes same thing happened to me, activated SIM via Web optus.com.au/activatesim. Now both my old Virgin and new Optus SIM are not working, my number is not in service. I was told it would take 24 hour, still few more hours to go.

Should have set up call forwarding before the activation/porting process.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Pantat
Occasional Contributor

Is anyone’s working yet? 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors