Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Porting to Optus & Phone Support Problems

That's not a problem. 

Porting is open till 8:00PM this evening. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Gabmax13
New Contributor

Re: Port Virgin Mobile Number to Optus

This got me worried. Activated mine via chat 1.5 hours ago. SOS only up to now. I wasnt told that activation needs to be done at a store. Hopefully this gets fixed before 8am as this is my work/business number. Good luck to us. 

New Contributor Matt-P
New Contributor

No luck yet. Just PM'd you details.

MP

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I think we're looking good @Matt-P.

I've replied back to your PM. We'll chat with you there. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Randb
New Contributor

Now going into my 3rd day without a phone. No-one seems to know how or what to do to activate my sim. Moved from virgin due to them closing down. Thought it would be easy. Numerous phonecalls, online chat etc. Was initially told to wait 4hrs then 24 to 48hrs. Going on 72hrs now. I thought as they are basically the same company running on the same network it would be a smooth change. Far from it. Have i made a mistake? Possibly. Good luck everyone.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor wenz
Occasional Contributor

Hi Gabmax13,

Yeah my one went SOS only so I inserted back my Virgin SIM so I can use my phone,  but then a few hours later my Virgin phone went SOS as well. I inserted my Optus SIM again and to my surprise, my Optus service has been activated !

I'm all good now, you might just need to power-off and on your phone, but good luck, hope it all works out for you soon.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Re: Porting number from Virgin (taking way to long and consultants giving different timeframes)

Hey @Ren12a - thanks for reaching out. Can you please confirm your mobile number, full name and DOB via PM? I'll have a look. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Ren12a
Occasional Contributor

Re: Porting number from Virgin (taking way to long and consultants giving different timeframes)

On day 3 now and getting slow responses from the “please DM me” people. 

How long before this type of thing gets escalated or do I just have to hope someone figures out what’s wrong?

Occasional Contributor Pantat
Occasional Contributor

Porting number from Virgin

Because of the phase out of Virgin mobile I decided to get the switch over to Optus over and done with even if I had to pay out my contract. I accessed the offers given to Virgin members and tried to go in store to sign up only to be told they couldn’t access those offers and to do it online. I did so and received my phone and new sim. I used the Live Chat function to get my new sim activated and my number ported over and was told it would happen in 4-24 hours. The next day it still hadn’t been ported over so I tried the live chat again and was told there’s a delay in the process but I could go in store as they have the ability to override the process and get the new sim activated straight away. I went in store and they put me on the phone to the sales centre who told me it would happen in another 24 hours. So here I am with my Optus sim still not activated. 

Anyone else have this much trouble porting their number? Virgin is a part of Optus and they’re the ones closing the brand down so I thought they’d be prepared for the influx of numbers that would be ported over during the phase out period.

Occasional Contributor Pantat
Occasional Contributor

I’m having the same issue! I just wrote my own question about it. I was told there are so many numbers being ported from Virgin that it’s causing a delay in the process. I was told to go in store but they put me on the phone. I thought because Optus owns Virgin it would be easier to join them but it’s proving quite difficult 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors