cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Tris

Re: Porting number from Virgin (taking way to long and consultants giving different timeframes)

Hi @SteveNickname, as you've raised this with the TIO, a Case Manager will be in touch to discuss everything further. If you like, I can check your account notes in the meantime to see if I can help? Feel free to send a PM with your full name, number and DOB. Sorry you've had so much trouble with this

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Steve70
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Porting number from Virgin (taking way to long and consultants giving different timeframes)

I have been waiting 12 days and have contacted Optus 8 times. Still hasn’t happened. Every time I contact they say wait 24hrs. 

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hey @Steve70

I've just replied to your latest PM. We'll chat with you there. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Steve70
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I haven’t had any replies 

0 Kudos
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Steve70 - I've responded to your other post. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
DaveyG
New Contributor
New Contributor

I've had the exact same issue with porting across a number from Virgin to Optus. When I ordered the phone and sim I specifically asked how long activation would take as this is my business phone and is vital for running my business - I was promised it would automatically activate within 1-2 hours of delivery, I asked the operator numerous times that 1-2 hours is all it would take and she assured me that this was correct. I received the phone and sim 4 days ago, and after daily phone calls to operators and online support 'chats' still nothing. Every day I am promised that either it will be fixed within 15 minutes to 4 hours, or that it is 'stuck' in the system and will take another 24 hours.

This has already potentially cost me thousands of dollars in missed business as when I ring the mobile number it says that 'Optus advises that this number has been disconnected'. I also travel a lot for business and not having a mobile phone is simply unworkable in this day and age. 

No-one seems to be able to help or care. Everytime I contact Optus its like starting from scratch again. Can someone pleaaw help!!

0 Kudos
Rhino4
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

DaveyG, I am not sure if a mod will see your post as this is a "solved" thread. I suggest putting in a TIO complaint via their website to try and get activation moved along faster. My understanding is that this results in a fine for Optus - maybe if they get enough of these, they will change their attitude. As to claiming business losses, I am not sure if TIO does that. ACMA is the regulatory body and may be able to answer that aspect?

0 Kudos
Aman_B

Hi @DaveyG - That's definitely not good to hear and we're really sorry it didn't work out the way it should 😞 I've passed on some feedback about your overall experience.  Could you please PM us Here your mobile number, full name, date of birth and I'll look into the order. 

0 Kudos
anjalianne92
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Porting to Optus & Phone Support Problems

Hi Dan

I have gone through hoops to try and get this same issue resolved but to no luck for the past month now.

Ive been having the same issue and now having moved overseas, it is difficult to call someone and social media / live chat really gets me no where. I  that my number will lapse and as you can understand, alot of my services back home are linked to this number which I have had for the last 10 years!

Would really appreciate if you or someone who can expedite the issue please reach out to me on resolving this?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Porting to Optus & Phone Support Problems

Happy to take a look @anjalianne92. I don't want to make any promises, but we'll see if there's something we can do to help out.

Send us a private message. You'll need to include your full name, DOB and the number you're bringing across to Optus. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors