Searching...

Mobile

Re: Porting number from Virgin (taking way to long and consultants giving different timeframes)

Sonjag12

In the same boat...day 7 and no service even though I was told that I was "prioritised" 2 days ago. Really rethinking my choice of Optus as a "service" provider!

Re: Porting number from Virgin (taking way to long and consultants giving different timeframes)

Rhino4

Antman9000, I was able to view and pay my Virgin bill. Apparently Virgin just sent me the email asking for payment a few days before they had even generated the bill.

Antman9000

It works! after a week with no phone. it seems my plan is correct also at first glance which is good. got an email at 10am from the TIO investigations team saying they submitted a complaint to optus. 6pm got an email from optus saying my service was now up and running. coincidence or not, just glad its working.

heres hoping for everyone else, who hopefully wont have to file a complaint or wait a week with no phone, hopefully it was just the initial wave of transfers and not an ongoing thing, because my sister was about to soon after me, but decided to hold off until she saw how this panned out.

Virgin login still not working. i like how their response is as long as you can pay your bill final bill you shouldnt have a need to log in any more so dont worry about it... thats not really the point lol i should still be able to log in.. but anyway lol..

Sidrak

Hi mate awesome to hear. 

They are working towards it just very slowly.

i also complained yesterday still nothing and my porting request was on 30 may. 

Very crap service from Optus, but can’t do anything need my number.

[ Edited ]
dbrady123

Seriously, Optus, please, please stop giving timeframes unless you are actually going to deliver within that timeframe. As shown:

optus2.png

15 minutes to 4 hours from 3:38pm. Let's be generous and round that to 4pm. It is now 8:55pm. Well beyond the projected timeframe. I have power cycled my phone plenty of times throughout the day, yet to no avail. If by tomorrow morning I still don't have service, I shall contact Optus again. I have been keeping note of transcript numbers from livechat, as well as there being message history which I hope I will not have to submit to the TIO if my problem hasn't been resolved by the deadline.

So far I'm currently at day 9 without any flippin' mobile service.

Highlighted

Buds123

TIO replied and forwarded complaint to Optus. Day 8, let us see if I will activated today.

Sonjag12

I am also at day 9, and was given the 15 minutes to 4 hours times frame "guaranteed"....days ago..

In fact I asked if I should recontact them if the port didnt occur and was told "Rest assured it will acivate within the given timeframe" Sad thing is, if Id been given access to this forum, I probably would have gone elsewhere...looks like this problem has happened before...many times.

Rhino4

I still do not have National Geographic added to my account. On Facebook chat, I pointed out they are not providing what I signed up to, therefore they are in breach of contract. Received a response stating this is not the case when it clearly is. He did say that a newly-activated service may take some time to poulate all of its features, but it seems pretty likely to me that the "My Optus" app statement in bold red letters "Unavailable on your current plan" will change in a day or so.

For those people who now have an active Optus service on the Virgin to Optus porting arrangements - is your plan titled "$30 My Plan Plus 12M SIM (May 18 Special Promo)" within the "My Optus" app? I would have expected to see something like "Virgin to Optus", but maybe not?

Rhino4

OK, so I am playing around in the My Optus app. From the first of the four pages- tabs down the bottom of the screen - there is an advert for Nat Geo. Clicking on this tells you it is available to anyone on a 12-month SIM only plan. It then has details on how to download the Nat Geo app and activate it. I have followed the instructions and it works. Nice if there was a link to this or instructions on the page where it is supposed to be activated from, instead of just a bold red statement that my plan is not entitled to it.

Just got another Facebook message from Optus, stating that the May 2018 special plan is the name for the Virgin to Optus special plan. 

Re: Porting to Optus & Phone Support Problems

Worried1

Day nine and after trying to Optus tech dept. they are experiencing difficulties and just hang up. Got online will look into your problem within the hour. No call just got email saying they don’t have an order for your number. Ring this number. Ring number surprise surprise they have tech issues and just hang up.  So let’s go over this received new phone and sim try to activate  Virgin cut off but they have no record of this. So do I have a free iPhone      I just want this phone to work

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
111 Kudos
109 Kudos
76 Kudos
75 Kudos
75 Kudos