Searching...

Mobile

Re: Porting number from Virgin (taking way to long and consultants giving different timeframes)

Rhino4
Hi Antman9000, I can still log in but it errors when I try to dispkay my bill.

Re: Porting number from Virgin (taking way to long and consultants giving different timeframes)

Antman9000

ah i see. yeah mine errors when i click log in, it doesnt say log in failed, but system error

Re: Switching from Virgin to Optus

Dan_C

Excuse the copy and paste job @Nat468

I've commented on the trending threads on YC.

"We've raised two cases at the highest severity. That's case 1806090535 & case - 1806090558."

Of those who've come through Yes Crowd, most of orders have been closed off. 

Can you send us a PM with your account details. I need your full name, DOB and mobile number.We'll attach your order to the incident that we've raised."

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Dan_C

@Rhino4, I've replied back to your PM.

We're trying our hardest to get these resolved guys. We've had several of our YC customers get back to us advising that their port has gone through, so we are making some progress. Once we've received further confirmation, I'll update this thread. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Antman9000

so i found this on a thread on a different site

"To port a number it needs to be active. 
Contact Virgin as a matter of urgency and see if they can reinstate your number. Then it can be ported"

and their chat log

"Carmina • 06:13 PM
We do apologize that the service with Virgin mobile is not longer working. We were advised by Optus Porting Team that port order or request will have to be done at an Optus store for the dealer to submit the request.

Carmina • 06:15 PM
They have stopped accepting request via Mobile Same Carrier Port SIM Activation Request over the phone or chat due to encountering issues where Virgin SIM is being ceased but the number is not being ported / Optus SIM not getting activated. 
You • 06:16 PM 

So you are telling me now that I have no phone and need to go an Optus store......

Carmina • 06:16 PM 

I am really sorry for this inconvenience that this has cause you."

at which point they had a follow up post a day later saying they went to a store and after the people at the store made a few calls they got it sorted.

Did the people who had theirs successfully work go to a store to do it or did it just go through without doing that, cause going to an optus store is quite an issue for me

Rhino4

I am interested to hear feedback on this also. Any moderator comments? I have tried to ring virgin a few times over the course of this debacle from a different phone and every time, have been advised that there is at least a half hour wait time. However, this is really up to optus to sort out, not the customer.

Highlighted

Re: Port Virgin Mobile Number to Optus

Andylee

I received my new phone and sim last Tuesday and activated the SIM via the online chat on Optus. It has now been a whole week and I still do not have an active sim or my number ported from virgin. I am having to keep my old phone and sim and new phone and sim with me in case it finally happens and the virgin SIM stops working... using my phone for emergencies whilst running with the chance it will stop working is something I can love with for 24hrs but an entire week is a joke. Not to mention I have now been charged an extra $10 by virgin for additional data as I have gone over my included data this month. Something which I definitely wouldn't have done with my new Optus contract. Not happy!!!

I called Optus on Friday to establish a time frame. The woman on the phone was very nice and ensured me that all of the correct steps had been taken but it was just taking a little longer than usual... 7 days and still going strong... I have turned off both phones over night in the hope that this might do the trick and having the phones on is somehow stopping it from working but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Andy

[ Edited ]
Andylee

Feeling your pain @Seras 

Have you had your SIM activated yet??

Porting number from virgin and activating new sim

Andylee

I received my new phone and sim last Tuesday and activated the SIM via the online chat on Optus. It has now been a whole week and I still do not have an active sim or my number ported from virgin. I am having to keep my old phone and sim and new phone and sim with me in case it finally happens and the virgin SIM stops working... using my phone for emergencies whilst running with the chance it will stop working is something I can love with for 24hrs but an entire week is a joke. Not to mention I have now been charged an extra $10 by virgin for additional data as I have gone over my included data this month. Something which I definitely wouldn't have done with my new Optus contract. Not happy!!!

I called Optus on Friday to establish a time frame. The woman on the phone was very nice and ensured me that all of the correct steps had been taken but it was just taking a little longer than usual... 7 days and still going strong... I have turned off both phones over night in the hope that this might do the trick and having the phones on is somehow stopping it from working but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Andy

Antman9000

Can you still log in to your Virgin My Account and pay that bill? trying to figure out if losing access to that is connected to this issue in some way

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
140 Kudos
121 Kudos
120 Kudos
78 Kudos
72 Kudos