Searching...

Mobile

Re: Porting number from Virgin (taking way to long and consultants giving different timeframes)

Gabmax13

72 hours and still waiting. Each time i chat with someone no one seems to see/know what has happened from the previous conversation & have to start all over again. Always gets told that it has been escalated. What i find very poor is that you cant seem to speak with anyone. 

Re: Porting number from Virgin (taking way to long and consultants giving different timeframes)

Rhino4

Same experience for me.

• Activated Optus sim 06 Jun 18. Was told would be ready within 15 minutes to four hours.
  • Optus cancelled my Virgin service 07 Jun 18.
  • Now 09 Jun 18 and still no Optus service.
  • Seven LiveChats and no resolution.
  • Currently in a Livechat where I am being fed some crap about a port request being rejected by Virgin - I don't care! Saying I need to go to a Virgin store (and I do not live near any) to fill out a port reversal form to get number active again and come back to Optus on Monday. How is this so hard?
  • Time to cancel this non-performing contract.

Rhino4

How do Optus think it is a good idea to have no porting team working on a weeked that there are widespread issues like this? Stunning incompetence.

Rhino4

Oh, and just tried to call a few Virgin stores, where the Optus Livechat rep told me to go, to submit a Port Reversal Form - seems like the numbers have been disconnected. Glad I didn't drive the 25 minutes to find that out.

Solution

Dan_C

Hey guys, I just wanted to send through an update.

We've managed to raise two high severity cases, that's IT case - 

1806090535 & 1806090558

We've began seeing orders flow through to completion. You're welcome to send your details through to us @Rhino4. I need your full name, DOB and mobile number → http://yesopt.us/pmdan

We'll attach your order to the cases we've raised. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Ren12a

Hey @Dan_C thanks for sorting this for me. 

Highlighted

Re: Port Virgin Mobile Number to Optus

Seras

Same story here, requested for activation since Tuesday 6th June. In the past 5 days, I chatted 5 times on the Optus chat all of them said wait for 24 to 48 hours and the last one I spoke tonight at about 7pm said he has submitted a request and should be activated within 15mins to 4 hours max. Well guess what still waiting and got nothing and my virgin service is still active!!!!. Still making calls and using the net to talk about this great service.

Seriously the longest port in my life!! Have to carry the Optus sim everywhere with me in case at any time since no one from Optus seem to know when the port is actually going to be completed and as well all of them said my porting status is in the final stages. Well, how can it be final stage if virgin service is still on and this is the 5th day so far and see no sign of my service being ported. Maybe to pass the time if anyone is interested in posting who has the longest wait time so far to have their number ported? 

Thats my rant for the night!!!!!

Re: Port Virgin Mobile Number to Optus

Shauna

Hey @Seras - are you able to send a PM with your mobile number, full name and DOB so we can take a look at the status? 

Apologies for the issues you've come across.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Antman9000

Also having the same issue, also DMed Dan who was helpful. Though i am curious if anyone else cannot access their Virgin account, i still have a bill to pay but can no longer log in since my number got disconnected a few days ago. also how long does a number have to be disconnected before you lose the number? ive had it for like 10 years and would like to keep it

Virgin mobile number Port

Antiggi

Hey, I've been having the same trouble that all virgin mobile ports have been having. Could anyone tell me if going in-store or calling up has been better at solving this problem then the live Chat function? the following is my current experience trying to get this to work.

06/06 Afternoon

received new phone and sim.
Tried to activate sim via phone -Prompted me to do it online
Online Sim Activation -told use Chat function.
The guy on Chat -Told me that as Virgin port where having issues I should go in a store.
Went In store -Guy in the store said that, the activation request had already been lodged and my new sim will be up and running in under 24hrs

Evening.
Chat Spoke to Someone who transferred me to Berta.
-B said she would up the priority my request. gave a reference number should be good in 24 hrs

08/06 morning
Chat Spoke to someone transferred to someone else
-Was told to wait for 24 hrs, I clarified 24hr from today of from initial request. He said from 'yesterday' but promised it will be done by the weekend

09/06 morning
Chat to someone transferred me to Merlin
-Merlin said he would manually put in the 'Request' as it had not gone through.
If it's not done by 11 am Sunday contact again.
-The 'End Chat' function was no longer visible on the window to end the communication. so I had to close the window without leaving any feedback.

10/06 afternoon
Chat to John
- He said that it was processing and would be compleated in the next 24hrs, I made him aware of my frustrations at this point.
- He transferred me to complaints A-something
A-something then transferred me to Tug-something
Tug-something
-asked some new question how did the activation happen? asked for the ref number from Berta.
-then as he was 'looking into it' 6 minutes passed, before he sent another message, that was only for a second i could not read it as the chat window had now ended and i was on the feedback page

If anyone has any tips on getting thde process to go quicker please let me know.

Thank You 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
140 Kudos
121 Kudos
120 Kudos
78 Kudos
72 Kudos