Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Jaymass
New Contributor
New Contributor

Porting my number from Dodo to Optus nightmare

I recently upgraded my phone thru Harvey Norman ,great service.

I wanted to keep my old number ,again yes no problem.

Activation will take 15 mins to 4hrs. Well its been a long 4hrs  nearly 10 days , Optus disconnected my number on 22nd Feb before the porting was ready and no one cares.

And its still disconnected , after spending many hours on chat , back to the harvey norman store , many phone calls again . We get the same answer from over about 25 different people from optus, Mostly rude and unhelpful..really

We all end up with the same reponse it will take 24 to 48 hrs . its been flag to it , Its passed the next stage its this its that! No one can answer the question.....optus crap

My last on line optus person..... I ask when does 24 to 48 hrs start and end. No more apoligies please its a joke 

We are the 10 Day Mark and still No Connection ????????????? What a complete mess ...Optus i would like my number back or at lest connected Now.

Any Clues on how to fix this ?????  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Porting my number from Dodo to Optus nightmare

Sorry to hear of the issues with your port. It's concerning that the number has been disconnected with Dodo already, typically it's a seamless transition.

Have you spoken with Dodo to see if they can re-activate the number on their end? It sounds like the port can't be completed because the number is no longer active, but Dodo will need to confirm if the number is still in their systems or Optus'.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Jaymass
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Porting my number from Dodo to Optus nightmare

My sim was activated on 6th March. Total waiting in agony was 13 days.

I rceived no formal aoology nor reasons from Optus. I seek for compensation for

1. the loss of my job opportunity that period

2. $30 reimbursement for temporary recharge SIM     card

3. Due dates bank fees as all transfers couldnt be.     done

4. Inconcenience caused calling & visiting                dealership several times costinh time & expenses

But all I was offered on chat was $29 waive  & $30 credit which means my $59 monthly plan for 1st month will be waived.

This is insulting to me as Optus clearly doesn't understandand what compensation means to his customers. 

I demand 3 months of free service and they won't honor my request. Ludicrous. Very Dissatisfied & DISAPPOINTED!

0 Kudos