Searching...

Mobile

Porting issues

MstrMT

I am porting my number over from another Optus based provider (Vaya) to Optus postpaid. I am so regret for doing it. The only reason why i am changing is because they did not have the particular plan I was after.

Anyway I signed up and my received my SIM on the spot on 28th April and I was told "15 minutes to 4 hours"... 4 hours later and nothing, now it is 4th May and still no service. I have attempted many times to get this resolve thru live chat and calling sales support with all the relevant details and still no one can resolve this issue. I spoke to one of the customer service employee and she told me i had to call up Vaya and ask them to release my number, which they told me it was not my job to do so, plus they have not received a request from optus.

Today I went to an optus store and one of the staff told me that it was in the process of being ported and same answer... "wait 20mins - 4hr". Yeah. No worries, how about i wait 7 days? 

When I got home i went on live chat again and they told me that they have raise an IT case and have to wait another 2-3 business days.

What the hell is going on?

Re: Porting issues

Toomey

Hey @MstrMT, I'm sorry to hear you've had such a run around getting connected. If an IT Case has been raised, it's likely your port is stuck in the system and they need to push it through. If you've got your case number, please feel free to send it through to me in a private message with your phone number, full name and DOB so I can double check it for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

MstrMT

Hi, I do not have any IT case number and was not given one. I was only told by one of the customer service member that an IT case is raised. I don't know if this is true or just to shut me up. I am porting 2 numbers over to optus, my wife's number is still on the vaya network and still working but not my number.

Dan_C

@MstrMT, we're happy to check on the status of the two ports. Given that it's a Sunday, we're unable to contact our mobile activation centre. We can ensure that a case has been raised and look at the status of the order.

Can you send us a PM with your account details? I need your full name, DOB and the mobile numbers you're bringing across to Optus.

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

MstrMT

Finally after 10 days one of my number is ported. The other number is still with my other provider. Yet no one has called me or notified me the progress with porting my other number.

So slow to fix and issue but when it comes to billing i have received a bill 2nd day after my first number is ported. WTF?

MstrMT

24 days and still my wife's number has not been ported. One one can give me an answer as to what is going on... chat with customer service, they promise the whole but can't delivery on anything.

Ahmed_1208

I hope you got it ported by now. I had same problem for 16 days and then raised the issue with TIO and called amaysim to reverse the porting and it works immediately.

Good luck

Ahmed Abdoh
Highlighted

Dan_C

Ah, I'm sorry we let you down this time round @Ahmed_1208. What was the intention now? Were you going to stick with AmaySIM for the time being or attempt to come across to Optus again? 

If you do need any advice, we're happy to help. Please let us know. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

MstrMT

It is exactly one month ago since the porting issue started and yet, not getting any closer to being resolved. Yesterday i rang customer support again and got the run around as usual. I then got transferred to some other lady which i believe is from india (judging from the accent), i heard kids in the background and people screaming. She said my porting got rejected somehow. I said to her the status is showing pending not rejected. So she promised to call me back today and have the issue fixed, but as expected no call. 

I don't expect too much from optus anymore. Anyone who tells me that they will call me back or fix this porting issue i take it with a grain of salt.

Marie

Sorry to hear that this has been ongoing @MstrMT, if you could please PM us with your details as per Toomey's previous request and we'd be happy to look further into this for you.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
106 Kudos
88 Kudos
83 Kudos
76 Kudos
42 Kudos