Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
alexd
New Contributor
New Contributor

Porting into Optus from Amaysim

Hi all,

I'm having major issues porting my number from Amaysim into Optus.

I attempted to activate / start the port on Friday the 16th. Where the form assured me it would be "done in 30 minutes".

Of course it wasn't. I then spoke to someone from Optus who told me they had "released the number" and it would be done in  "15 minutes to 4 hours." But of course, nothing going.

Yesterday I contacted Optus again and was told they've "released the number" again. Still, nothing. 

Today I called Optus and upped my complaining a bit. They assured me something was actually happening and that I would be ported within "15 minutes to 4 hours". My Amaysim service stopped working. Great, I thought, that means something is happening! Something did happen, they took my service off me and left me in the dark.

Called Optus again. Assured once again that they got it sorted and it would take "15 minutes to 4 hours" - bit sick of hearing that one. Still no service.

This is a really bad experience for a brand new Optus customer. I'm tired of being lied to. 

Does anyone have advice? How the hell do I actually get my Optus service? I've since loged a TIO complaint. I would just like to be told the truth from Optus.

Tags (3)
5 Replies
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Porting into Optus from Amaysim

TIO sounds good.

I imagine their porting sofware was written by the same guys who put a "stay logged in" box near Optus logins.

0 Kudos
Hazer
New Contributor
New Contributor

They lie. Took me over 14 hours on support to finally get my number ported. Promised multiple calls etc. Worst customer service ever.

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@alexd

If you're still waiting on the activation of your service then I'm happy to take a look.

To authorize a port from an Optus reseller such as Amaysim, we require two things:

• A CID reference number from the loosing provider. The CID acts as a port authorisation reference, it's submitted along with your account details.
  • Your full name and DOB as it appears on the losing providers account. 

I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. We'll check what's holding up the port. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
santp
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have exactly the same issue as described here and currently have no service with Amaysim or Optus! I work in a hospital IT department and scrambling today to try and get a service working again for the start of the week tomrorow. Optus blame Amaysim and Amaysim blame Optus. I have never found Optus customer service so bad, the lack of knowledge of support teams, been hung up on, been lied too, they have done it all! I have messaged at least 15 Optus support people via the app over the last 2 weeks and get the run around, inaccurate information, extremely disappointing Optus to say the least! Good to see your Optus Sales team answers the phone within a minute, got to keep the sales coming in but don't worry about people who are desperate to have their service restored! This will be another TIO complaint from me because it simply isn't GOOD ENOUGH OPTUS!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@santp

Could we get you to message us on Facebook or Twitter? The team do have a point of escalation for these sorts of enquiries.

Most of the confusion has stemmed from the closure of our partner site overseas. Our Mobile activation centre and porting teams have bared the brunt of the impact.

There's a bit if manual work involved in porting numbers from providers that also run on the Optus Network. We've been advised that there's a back-log of orders that are waiting to be actioned.

If you like, link back to this thread or refer to my moderator handle in your response.

Happy to check in with the guys. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos