cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

CarolynHoward
New Contributor
New Contributor

Porting from Vodafone

I have been trying to activate my Optus account for a week now. I am coming from Vodafone onto a sim only post paid plan and am finding this incredibly annoying. I've been told on 3 seperate occasions that my number will be active with Optus within 24 hours and will recieve a text when this happens notifying me to start using my Optus SIM card. This has been going on for 5 days now. Is this normal for Optus? Or is it because I'm porting from Vodafone? Anyone else experienced this problem? TIA

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Porting from Vodafone

Hi @CarolynHoward, it's definitely not normal.

Sounds like the order has become stuck. Did they mention if an IT case had been raised for this one?

Transferring a number from a carrier such as Vodafone should really take between 3-4 hours (max).

Usually, it's actually much quicker. 

If you like, I can take a look. You'll need to send us a message with your details. I need your full name, DOB and mobile number you're bringing across. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos