Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Berna156
New Contributor

Porting from Virgin to Optus

Hi 

I am currently in limbo regrding the "porting " of my phone number from Virgin to Optus . I have been in touch with Optus on several different occasions and via online chats, phone call and to a store - everyone has given me a differnt story regrding time i will need to wait - 15 minutes to 4 days- big difference!!!

Apparently it is somehow "stuck" . I dont have any aother phone line and I am concerned it will be stuck permananetly .

I have an IT case number but not sure what to do with that as I dont have aphone and do not want to go back online as they were NO HELP AT ALL>

Any ideas please - its Thursday evening and I began the process Sunday night online.

Thanks 

Tags (1)
8 Replies
Moderator Vicky

Re: Porting from Virgin to Optus

@Berna156 - Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm really sorry to hear that there's been a delay with your porting request. Can I get you to confirm if your number is still active with your previous provider by any chance? More than happy to get that looked into for you and provide some clarifications around this - can you shoot me a PM with your full name DOB number and the IT ticket?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Berna156
New Contributor

Hi Vicky

I am really at the end of my patience with this siutaution. Can you tell me wat a PM is and how I send you my private details on a forum?

My sim is still not activated- 6 days without a phone NOT GOOD ENOUGH

0 Kudos
Moderator Shauna

Sorry for the lingo @Berna156. PM is private message. 

You'll just need to click on a moderators profile & click the message button to send us a private message with your information. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor ElizR88
New Contributor

I have the same issue as you, Berna. My partner and I are at our wits end chatting/calling and going to the Optus shop but they still have no resolution to this issue. Porting was also from Virgin to Optus and we already have 2 escalation tickets but still they keep delaying and saying excuses. They are leaving us with no choice but to raise this prolonged issue to the Ombudsman as this has was causing us huge losses and is affecting our work productivity. A lot of our time and effort had been wasted for the past 4 days of following up and checking on the issue. My partner who owns the number is also having a hard time at work because of the 2 factor authentication tied to her number. The amount of time speaking to customer service is really FRUSTRATING and most times they would say their IT team would only be able to fix the issue within 3-5 working days and worst was the “supervisor” who I chatted with this evening..He said he will escalate it to the manager but will only get back to me after 10 DAYS!! They also said that the issue with my porting is because the order is stuck. The incredible amount of lost time, wasted efforts going to the shop (waiting) and not getting the right amount of help is putting me and my partner a ridiculous amount of stress and sleeplessness. There’s a couple of people I’ve met in this forum with the same issue. I think you should join us in raising this issue once and for all to the Ombudsman. Stay in touch.

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @  ElizR88 - really sorry for the inconvenience caused with the port.  Could  you please PM us your Mobile number, full name and date of birth so that we can look into this fault. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Berna156
New Contributor

Hi Elizabeth 

just wanted to thank you for your post - I was beginning to believe I was cursed . Good news is that I am finally back with my number ! Agree that the whole experience was abysmal ! Happy to confer with you too about Ombudsman . I think that this forum did more for me than any other Optus source so I really hope it works for you too ASAP . 

Berna 

New Contributor ElizR88
New Contributor

I have sent you a PM.

This issue has been dragged on for 6 DAYS and after 2 escalation tickets the our "Stuck" order issue is still not resolved.

I received another message last Monday (22 Oct) that my HIGH severity issue has been escalated and will be resolved within 24-48 hours.

Optus needs to stop promising something they cannot deliver. You don't even give us an option to cancel the service if you cannot fix the issue.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
New Contributor ElizR88
New Contributor

Hi Berna

Happy to hear you got your number back.Smiley Happy Thank you for responding and for offering to confer with me about Ombudsman. My partner and I are still in limbo. Optus keep giving us promises they can't deliver. I have no choice but to make a complaint to the Telco Ombudsman. We need Optus to resolve our issue as it has been affecting our personal and work life. 

Liz

0 Kudos