cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Rachm
Occasional Contributor

Porting from Virgin to Optus

My new phone has arrived & waiting for me to pick it up this afternoon, but after reading all the toubles with people trying to port their number from Virgin to Optus I am wondering would it be best to go into on Optus store this afternoon & have them try to do it instore or trust the person I get on the other end of the chat/phone to npt leave me without service for days on end??

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Occasional Contributor Paultje
Occasional Contributor

Re: Porting from Virgin to Optus

Good luck with that.. I've been to the store, and I've tried chat. Nothing works, my phone is now off the network and no one seems to be able to help.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I decided to just do it over the phone, that was 4pm yesterday, its now 9am & no service. I have a horrible feeling I will be going down the same path as everyone else. I have kids away at camp for school holidays & this is the only contact number they have. 

I am really hoping it doesnt drag out for days/weeks on end.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Similar story for me - this is my business phone and now nobody can contact me.

I assume Optus has started charging me for use of this phone too!

I foudn a nice lady on chat last night who said she will get the Port-In guys to ring me in the morning.

I'm skeptical but hopeful.

Terrible terribel service.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I cant believe they have this much trouble porting numbers over, I went from Telstra to Virgin & it was all done in less than 1hr... I don't understand how it takes so long? And how they can continue to say they can do it, when clearly there are massive issues with it??

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

AND.... the run around begins. Just got off chat again, "Your sim isn't activated thats why you have no service"  thanks so much I had no idea that was the reason Smiley Sad I wanted to know why it hadn;t been activated yet!!!!!!

Told they couldn't contact the team to find out why as they are dealing with an outage... contact them again in a few hours!!!!

0 Kudos
New Contributor Katiejane
New Contributor

Ugh having a similar problem with Virgin to Optus switch. Ours are activated but none of us can text. Keeps saying we have no credit but we are on unlimited plans. So frustrated right now! 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

@Katiejane I just replied on yours too... the forum is full of people with endless problems switching from virgin to optus.. and little to no answers on how to fix it...

So so frustrating 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator GuyCS

Hey @Katiejane - I can see Shauna has responded to your other thread advising the issue should be resolved. Please restart your handset if you're still experiencing issues.

@Paultje - if you're still needing a hand with your port in, please send me a private message with the following info and we'll do our best to help:

Are you the primary account holder: Y/N
Full name: 
Date of birth: 
Service number you're trying to port:

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the offer of help.

I'm pleased to report that (almost) all of my issues are solved. 

My SIM activated yesterday, but I couldn't send SMS messages. Today that works too.

All up I probably spent 4 or 5 hours chatting with support staff / bots and visiting stores to get this fixed.

Does Optus find that normal? It seems to be a common experience (although my first port went without a hitch).

Not a happy customer.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors