Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Porting from Virgin to Optus with 3 services

[ Edited ]
Stace54

3 services with virgin.. all bills paid and on time.transferred 2 successfully to optus. 3rd service.. waited till elgible to transfer.. decided on phone and plan. Verification in 24 hours. Unable to transfer 3rd servic due to " credit check failure". Contacted equafix.. had my report sent. Excellent rating. Re contacted optus. Started order frim scratch.. internal decisioning wont allow a new user to have more than 2 services. Service still with virgin ( although according to customer service they arent related anymore) now displaying  the optus logo.. but has been denied for transfer to optus. I wanted all 3 servicestransferred as they had all been under my name and easier to keep track of. All the way throughout this process the virgin crew and optus crew said yep just wait till eligible day snd we will transfer the last service. 4 hours on the phone.. a credit report check and no help in sight. Has anyone had this issue.. and is it legal to be contracted to virgin still but have yes optus displaying on the handset if rhey arent officially going to be your carrier? Complicated i know. Thanks in advance.

Re: Virgin to optus

Ray_YC

The logo (network name) change took effect in a phased approach from the 29th of March or all existing Virgin Mobile customers who were sent this message:

"The Virgin Mobile brand is being phased out of Australia in 2020 and we're starting to get ready. This means we'll be making small changes in preparation including changing of the network name." so it's not related to your issue.

Regarding your issue, that should be something that can be resolved by someone senior.

This is not something that we can assist with here on the forum.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please chat with us.
If for some reason it is still not resolved, please follow our complaints process.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Stace54

I have spoken with 3 optus team members via chat and phone. They all say the same thing. That i am a "new " customer and have to be with telstra for a long time to have 3 services at once to prove my payment history. But i have had 3 services all paid in full with virgin. I did everything correctly but it is the comouter " algorythm knocking back service 3. Had i known this issue would arise i would not have chosen optus to contract my first 2 services. And as i have been given a "no" response i resent having the optus logo on my now "stuck in transit" virgin contracted phone. The only senior i can actually speak to is the telecommunications ombudsman.. as i am unable to speak with the credit assesment team.

Stace54

Edit* optus. But i feel like i am dealing with telstra for all the loyalty and assistance i am receiving.I intended for months on having all services with one provider. And due to no fault of my own and already contracting 2 services with you..i am stuck.

[ Edited ]
Ray_YC

Those chat and phone operators are likely not in senior positions.

Have a go at the options in my original response, if they can do it, it will also be faster than going through the TIO. 
Let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Dessyyang

Hi

i ordered online on 4 May, got a message on 7 May saying it left the warehouse. Waited for 2 weeks then asked the chat team to track my order after talking woth 4different Gents. No one knows where it is. When i go to post office to pick up my parcel, they gave me an additional parcel and woalla... it was optus sim card that I’ve been waiting for.

on 6 June, i asked the chat team if i can still activate the optus sim, and they said i can so i did. My virgin sim is no longer active and Waited for more than 4 hours but optus sim also not active. Go to optus store and they called the support team, she told mye that my optus sim is expired and she will request virgin to release my number. She told me it will take 3-5days. Now is more than 5 days, no sign of life from optus/virgin sims. I decided yo contact yhe chat team again, they told me that the port process is expired and told me to ask virgin myself to reactivate my number. So i asked virgin and they told my number was cancelled on 6 June since there’s a request to port from optus that day and they won’t be able to reinstate once being ported. 

Are you able to check/escalate/investigate what’s going on??? And what need to be done?

if it can be ported, i need my number back!

Really hope that you can help. It’s really frustating and it’s a drama that I don’t need.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
81 Kudos
71 Kudos
71 Kudos
57 Kudos
45 Kudos