cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

KatieZ
New Contributor
New Contributor

Porting from Virgin Mobile. It has been one week :(

Has anyone effectively used LiveChat or know of another way to get their porting issue sorted ? My frustrating experience as follows

Fri 7: received sim , activated via LiveChat and they said it would be ready in 24 hours

Monday 10: still getting 'SIM not provisioned' live chat gave me incident number and said they woll get it sorted in 24 hours 

Tuesday 11: still not working . Livechat said they will get it sorted in 24 hours . I said how can you promise this ?? They said dont worry 

Thursday 13: still not working. Very frustrating livechat said they will get is sorted in 15 minutes to 4 hours 

There is just no accountability via the livechat support team as they change each time . False promises each time. It is very frustrating as I feel powerless. Has anyone had success via other means with porting issues ?? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Josh71
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Porting from Virgin Mobile. It has been one week :(

We have had the same experince, over a week and no one will take any interest. My son has to use public transport and has no contact because of Optus' inability to connect a phone. We have spent hours on line through the live chat and through calls and no one will fix it. Every time they say it takes another 24 hours and nothing is ever fixed. They deliberately hang up on you even when you don't get angry with them. 

If I was you I would satrt looking at moving to another provider. They don't seem to know how to fix it.

0 Kudos
zhulian612
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have exact the same experience. got my sim card last Friday and until today its still not activated...

my ex. virgin account and mobile number has also been closed/released, and whenever I ring this number it says "optus advise this number has been disconnected"....

0 Kudos
Josh71
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

My wife just spent her daily 2 hours on the phone and was told that they needed to start an automatic process and that it will take another 5 to 7 days (apparently they can't manually swith the number). At least they aren't lying and saying 24 hours. We are cancelling that number now and going to go into a store and get a new sim and number as they aren't even sure that it will definitely work then, we are about to go overseas and worried about his safety as he's 13 years old and uses public transport alone to get back from school. We don't have tie to fight with Optus about it. We also contacted the industry ombudsman and hope they can make them fix it for others in the future. They said they can't do anything until the 27th and then they will take action against the company. If I was you I'd see if another company can transer it immediatelyor give up on your number.

0 Kudos
KatieZ
New Contributor
New Contributor

Latest update 

i went into an Optus store twice today 

12pm : the staff there called the backend team ad escalated it for me I was told the issue would be fixed in 4 hours

6pm : issue was still not fixed the staff there called again and the manager got involved somehow they were able to get the virgin SIM card disconnected BUT the Optus SIM card still did not work I.e. I was left with no number. When the staff called them again they were told it would be another 24 hours - ridiculous

staff were nice enough to give me a prepaid sim to tide me through so this is now what I am using . Who knows whether after the mythical 24 hours my card will actually work but I am definitely not going through live chat and will go to the store next time to chase up

i will let you know if this works

0 Kudos
Josh71
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yeah, we gave up after 8 days of being told that it would definitely be done with in 24 hours. They cancel the old number but then apparently quarantine the number which takes between 5 and 7 days. Apparently their system doesn't allow them to do anything according to one of the staff I spoke to. They told us today they had just started the process and would take 5 to 7 days again. 

They stalled us and stalled us but in the end we just had to cancel his number and get him a new one. I think there is something wrong with Optus' system that doesn't allow them to transfer numbers. They just tell you they can so they get you accross then make you change numbers. I spoke to probably a dozen people and none of them knew how to fix it even though they all said they had fixed the issue. The worst part is the waste of hours sitting on phone lines, chat and store visits and the telephone staff often just hang up for no reason and they never call back even when they promise to do it.

0 Kudos
w18
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

It's the 17th day for me to wait for porting. Still nothing happens after 3 calls and 2 replys from Team members of Yes Crowd.

0 Kudos
KatieZ
New Contributor
New Contributor

Okay my SIM got activated today

It was very strange as it occurred after I told Optus to cancel my order. Apparently my issue was on the highest priority for a IT case (a store staff helped me to escalate to this priority).

When I called to cancel she said she can send an email to chase up but I said no I wanted to cancel the order even if it meant the loss of my number. She proceeded with the cancellation and an hour later I got a message saying the number was activated... and it works now ...

I think what helped

- getting an IT case raised and having it escalated to highest priority by a store person

- and maybe going through with a cancellation (but you have to be prepared to lose your old number if you do)

0 Kudos