Searching...

Mobile

Porting from Amaysim to Optus

ReegsB

Hi all, I’ve had an nightmare of an experience in trying to port my number from Amaysim to Optus. After contacting Optus to activate my sim, the operator indicated that they would need to contact Amaysim to release my number to enable the porting process to begin. I has placed on hold whilst the Optus rep arranged this with Amaysim and finally was assured by the Optus rep that the port would occur at some point in the next 4 hours. An hour later though, I noticed my Amaysim service was no longer active and naturally assumed the Optus service was now ready. Unfortunately though, the Optus number was also inactive. After spreading with both Optus and Amaysim, it has now come to light that my number had actually been cancelled and to my knowledge, this will prevent a port from ever happening. To make matters worse, Amaysim cancelled my other mobile number which had nothing to do with the original port. The end result being, no port to Optus and 2 deactivated mobile numbers at Friday 5pm before the New Year long weekend. Right at this point in time, I don’t even care if my number is ported to Optus, I just need both numbers reactivated. I would love to know what the Optus rep said to the Amaysim rep to create this debacle of a situation. Has this happened to anyone else and were you able to get your numbers reactivated?

Highlighted

Re: Porting from Amaysim to Optus

GuyCS

Hi @ReegsB - thanks for reaching out and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Not great to hear that you've had trouble with a port-in and consequently had both of your numbers deactivated; I can definitely appreciate that this would be frustrating.  In this case, we'd recommend reaching out to Amaysim as we won't be able to reactivate an Amaysim number for you. It is likely that if the port was rejected, your Amaysim number would be in quarantine for some time.

If they are able to recover your number(s) from quarantine, we'll be able to submit another port request for you. As it is a same-carrier port, the process can actually take up to 24 hours to be completed. We'd also suggest double checking that all of your account information with us matches your account information with Amaysim (full name, date of birth, etc.) as any disparities with those will cause the request to be rejected. Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
102 Kudos
82 Kudos
76 Kudos
74 Kudos
71 Kudos