Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
MyNameIsMichael
New Contributor
New Contributor

Porting from Amaysim to Optus taking for a while

Hey, Everyone

The first question of this account, but recently I have ported my mobile number from amaysim to Optus, I've received the email from Optus that it will be ported within 15mins and 4 hours; however, it has currently been more than 2 days since that email. Now I'm getting worried, I've spent $120 on the $180 60GB 365 days as it was on some sort of deal. Could it be my information I typed was a bit different from the one on amaysim? I had the payment details on amaysim, but not on Optus since I would only want it for that year. Help, please?

(Edit: Also is there anything I need to do after that email being sent to me? Do I need to deactivate my sim from amaysim, do I need both sim or something I don't even know. Is there some sort of requirement when porting?)

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Porting from Amaysim to Optus taking for a while

Hey there,

Providing all the details were provided and entered correctly, you don't need to do anything further with Amaysim.

Sounds like a similar situation to this recent thread

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
MyNameIsMichael
New Contributor
New Contributor

Is it possible to view your account details before it has been activated, I would like to double-check my info if it is correct?

0 Kudos
MyNameIsMichael
New Contributor
New Contributor

Eyyyy it has been activated, it was just taking a long time. Not 15 minutes to 4 hours, it took 4 days.