cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Mcfrankel
New Contributor

Porting and activation

Can anyone tell me the best way to have a porting request and phone activation done?  I  have been waiting since the 27/12 for a mobile number to be ported and activated and despite numerous calls and chats this hasn’t happened.  Even though I bought the phone online would it better to attend an Optus store to see what can be done?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Porting and activation

Typically when the porting process gets gummed up, only someone deep in the bowels of Optus can help, but it also might be the Telco you are porting from.

The bulk of the stores are franchises. But you could try one and see what happens.

Highlighted
RetiredModerator Brock_E
RetiredModerator

Thanks for reaching out, @Mcfrankel. I'm really sorry for both the time it's taken to get back and for the difficulties you've faced with your number porting.

There a bunch of variables that could be causing the port to be rejected. Generally speaking, porting a number normally takes anywhere from 15 minutes to 4 hours if you've placed the request between Mon-Fri (8am-8pm EST) or on Saturdays between 10am-6pm EST.

If your number from your original carrier is Prepaid, we'll only need the name and DOB to marry up. Otherwise, if it's a Postpaid service, the aforementioned details will need to reflect with both carriers, but we'll also need the account number. 

I'd be happy to take a look at this, but I'll need to verify your account first for security reasons. Please send through your full name, DOB and phone number via PM so that I can investigate further.

New Contributor Mcfrankel
New Contributor

Thanks I was able to sort it out yesterday.  I have provided some feedback about the service and I am happy with the outcome.  

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, that's not a problem @Mcfrankel. We appreciate the update, If you have any other questions, feel free to send them through. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors