Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
RickW
New Contributor
New Contributor

Porting a number takes forever ?

I brought my mobile phone number to Optus and signed up a new plan on thw 24th Feb, 2018.

Nothing has been heard so far, nearly a month now.

Is it reasonbale to take that long to port a number ???????????

0 Kudos
3 Replies
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Porting a number takes forever ?

It means the number has gone into the porting hole. Unfortunately this can't be resolved by normal level helpers and has to be sent to special people who know how to poke at things.

Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

@RickW, that's an unusually long time to have been waiting. 

Which provider are you coming across from? 

You're welcome to send myself or one of our other mods a private message.

We need your full name, DOB and the mobile number you've attempted to transfer across. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Tassdimis74
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

no its not reasonable nor acceptable, we are paying customers and we deserve to be given honest and great customer service and have reliable servicesm, I have been with OPTUS  for over 10 years and requested a port back to them on the 8th March 2018 and guess what I am still waiting and in the time being I have been given misleading information, been lied too had my OPTUS number and coverage disconnected on my birthday and no one is fixing it, so good luck and if you manage to get your number ported before mine please let me know

0 Kudos