Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Uuandem
New Contributor
New Contributor

Porting a Telstra number to Optus Prepaid Epic Data Plan

Can I port my existing Telstra mobile number to the Optus Prepaid Epic Data Plan?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Porting a Telstra number to Optus Prepaid Epic Data Plan

Welcome to the community @Uuandem

You defintely can 🙂

We'll just your Telstra prepaid account number and date of birth. As long as you provide us with matching details, you'll be good to go.

Optus Porting hours and Timeframe

Listed below are the porting times / days, between providers. It can take 15 min to 4 hours for a port to complete during these times:

Mon–Fri: 8am–8pm AEST

Saturdays: 10am–6pm AEST

We’re unable to port numbers on Sundays or national public holidays.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Eves21
New Contributor
New Contributor

Could you please outline the steps as to how to do it, eg. Do we buy an epic sim online and then we’ll be asked what number to attach to it later?  I can’t find the process anywhere, so any knowledge you could share would be welcome.

0 Kudos
Ness_YC

Hey @Eves21, thank you for reaching out. When you sign up to an Optus mobile service, we'll ask you if you'd like to keep your mobile number and you'll just have to follow the prompts. You can retrieve a SIM online, at your closest Optus store, or at a participating retailer. 

We have a few support articles to guide you through this process:

- Switch your mobile phone number to Optus

- Porting your mobile number across to Optus? What you need to know.

If you would like further assistance, we would recommend reaching out to our Sales Team on 1300 417 220 (Mon - Fri: 8am - 9pm, Sat: 9am - 7pm, Sun: 9am - 6pm (AEST)) or via the My Optus App. Good luck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.