Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
BradM1990
New Contributor
New Contributor

Porting Number from Virgin Mobile

I am currently trying to resolve an issue I have in porting my number from Virgin Mobile to Optus. I was told this was a simple and stree free process however has turned out to be anything but. 

I have followed all steps provided in paper and email. 

I have been advised that my sim would be working within 4 hours of putting it in my phone. 

Fastforward 24 hours and I still have no phone. To make matters even worse, the call centre support apparently do not work weekends - meaning I can not speak to anyone until tuesday (as it is a long weekend.) 

This is my first interaction with Optus and am very concerned about the level of service. Before writing this I checked the forum for similar issues and how to resolve it. Turns out this appears to be a common issue. 

I would never have come to Optus and would reccomend anyone else consider this before they decide to move thier phone accross also. 

I still have no phone (whilst paying for both my Optus and Virgin plan). 

Completely unnaceptable and very unprofessional. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
z_hook

Re: Porting Number from Virgin Mobile

Hi @BradM1990
Thank you for raising this issue.
Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.
If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos