Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Stevohu
New Contributor
New Contributor

Porting Number from Telstra to Optus

G'day

Just got a new optus sim and activated it one Sunday. It told me my number from Telstra would be ported across within the next 'porting day', which i assumed would be Monday. Currently it still hasnt been ported across and i am unable to use both my Telstra (Due to where i live) and Optus data. Anyone got an idea on how long the porting will take?

Cheers

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Porting Number from Telstra to Optus

Hi Stevohu,

Do you still have a working service with Telstra? You only mentioned data?

Porting is currently on hold cue to COVID-19 impact and your request should resume once normal business resumes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Stevohu
New Contributor
New Contributor

I believe it still works but at home our Telsta signal has been very bad lately and I usually go a few days without any signal on my Telstra sim. 

0 Kudos
DanAm
New Contributor
New Contributor

Don't hold your breath!  I've been waiting two weeks for a Telstra pre-pay number to port-in to a Optus business account.  Very annoying and expensive having to keep paying for a pre-pay account just to keep the number while I wait for the port to be complete.

From the Optus response looks like they are not porting numbers until the COVID-19 epidemic is over - so maybe in a year or two.

0 Kudos