Searching...

Mobile

Porting Issues from Virgin

Shanevh

Has anyone else had significant issues porting from Virgin to Optus?  I have spent hours trying to sort it out with unhelpful staff and missed deadlines and I still can't use my number that is apparently stuck in the system somewhere.  Any advice from anyone who has been through this would be appreciated.  My next step is an Ombudsman complaint unfortunately.  It's very hard not having a phone number, especially with work and personal security tied to the number for 2 factor authentication.

Re: Porting Issues from Virgin

Shauna

I get where you're coming from, @Shanevh

Not having a mobile these days is difficult especially when we rely on them for work & personal reasons.

Can you please send me a private message confirming your mobile number, full name and DOB? 

You're well within your rights to contact the Ombudsman, however keep in mind there is a 10 business day turn around for complaints. We may be able to resolve this sooner.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

ElizR88

I have the same issue as you, Savaneh. My partner and I are at our wits end chatting/calling and going to the Optus shop but they still have no resolution to this issue. Porting was also from Virgin to Optus and we already have 2 escalation tickets but still they keep delaying and saying excuses. I also have no other choice but to raise this issue to the Ombudsman as this has caused us huge losses. A lot of our time and effort had been wasted for the past 4 days of following up and checking. My partner who owns the number is also having a hard time at work because of the 2 factor authentication tied to her number. Not to mention the amount of time speaking to customer service who could only say it takes 24-48 hrs. They also said that the order is stuck but they won’t even compensate for the time and the incredible amount of stress and loss of time it’s causing their first time customers. It’s about time we take this matter up to the Ombudsman. They don’t have any idea how much trouble and stress  it’s causing their customers. 

Highlighted

Aman_B

Hi @ ElizR88 - I've replied to you other post  requesting account details. Please reply there. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
128 Kudos
125 Kudos
100 Kudos
86 Kudos
56 Kudos