cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Budge
New Contributor

Ported number issue

Ported my number mobile number from Optus to Belong. Have found that people calling from Optus get a disconnected number message. My number is active as far as the other carriers are concerned. Has anyone experienced this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Ported number issue

Yes, it's not uncommon. You need to raise the issue with Belong and they'll resolve it with Optus for you

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

You need to get Belong to follow up, they are your new provider.

It means not all providers got the message that you've transferred to Belong.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
New Contributor Budge
New Contributor

Have had one reply from crowd saying it is common and that Belong should be able to fix it. I wish it is that simple. Spent over an hour on Optus chat with no result.  The issue is that a person who is with the mobile carrier Southern, which uses the Optus network, cannot get through to my wife. Both myself and my wife are with Belong. I can call and txt this person with no issues and in turn they can call and txt me. However, while my wife can call and txt the same person, this person is unable to call and txt her. They get an Optus message that says my wife’s number is disconnected. We were both with Optus hence why I contacted them first. I ported my number over a few months back, she only changed to Belong last week. There was some initial trouble with porting her number, which was account related and not technical. (My initial thoughts is that something went wrong with the account when Optus deactivated it.) We both have no issues communicating with people using Telstra and Vodafone. Optus are saying the issue is a Belong issue but after contacting Belong, they are saying there’s nothing wrong at their end as the number ported successful and according to them working correctly. They are now saying it is an Optus issue and that it’s up to the person who is with Southern. We don’t know if it is just this one person’s account or if anyone on the Optus network would be in the same boat. Now totally mystified by it. Next step will be getting the person to contact their provider. If that doesn’t work, I guess the following step is the Ombudsman. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Budge,

What a hassle, hope to hear that it gets resolved soon.

If a conclusion is reached that it is an Optus issue, please let us know here and I'll follow it up.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Budge
New Contributor

Since my first post, we have another person who could not get through. The person who had the initial issue has contact their provider (Southern). They have determined that Optus need to look into it and were passing it on to them. So as we understand, that's where it sits, and we are waiting to see what the outcome will be.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors