Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Coups
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ported Number from Virginmobile, 3 days with no connection by Optus

Number port d from virgin mobile 3 days ago, still no connection. Wife and kids need to be connected. Seriously even the app doesn’t work.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jamdrops27
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Ported Number from Virginmobile, 3 days with no connection by Optus

I’m having a similar issue. I got an email asking if I requested a port out which of course I didn’t and later that night my phone service cut out and now I’m stuck on SOS only and can’t use the app or anything. But I haven’t received anything saying which service it may have been ported to and I really need my phone at this point in time to.
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hey @Jamdrops27, @Coups

We have an escalation point for these sorts of urgent enquiries. We'll need you to message our Social Media service team on Facebook or Twitter.

Please mention that you were sent here by DAN_C - that way, they'll be able to filter through all of the messages they're receiving. 

They'll ask you to complete an ID form and they'll take it from there. 

Completely understand that a working service is crucial right now.  If you guys do run into any issues, please post back here. We'll do what we can. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

For anyone considering porting their number to Optus from today, I highly advise against placing an order. Our mobile activation team including our Fixed porting team have been severely impacted.

You do not want to risk being without a service right now.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Coups
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dan_C thanks for the contact on facebook or twitter, i don't have either of these services

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hi @Coups

Can I suggest messaging us on Social Media, either Facebook or Twitter? If you mention that you were sent there by DAN_C, I'll give the guys a heads up. They do have a point of escalation for any urgent activation/porting enquiries. 

Our main priority right now is to ensure that all of our customers have a working service. I can't promise that you'll get an instant reply, but they will definitely get back to you. 

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Ah, that makes thing a little more difficult.

Alternatively, you can Message us via the My Optus app. You’ll just need to ensure that you select the relevant prompts:

· Desktop users (follow the steps listed under, “How to message us.”

· Mobile users

0 Kudos