Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Broadhorizon
New Contributor

Port request not going through?

Hi, I certainly hope someone can help me. i've been given the runaround for weeks.

All I want to do is port my wife's number from telstra, back to optus, after it was wrongly ported over to telstra after only being connected for five days. We've called telstra, and they say the number's been released.

After hours in live chats, I was told to go into an optus store for a form (CRA), which then needed to be filled out, scanned, then emailed to a dropbox.

mps.dropbox@yesoptus.com.au / mpsdropbox@yesoptus.com.au

But unfortunately I keep getting error messages back:

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.7.1 <mpsdropbox@yesoptus.com.au>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied

Can anyone help us out? This has been stressing my wife out an awful lot, she just wants the plan she's paying for to work.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Moderator Zac_H

Re: Port request not going through?

Hi @Broadhorizon - really sorry that you've had no luck trying to complete the port. Is the Telstra account under the same name as the Optus account? When you're porting from another provider, the account names on either end have to match up for the port to go through successfully. Find more info here.

Sorry you had troubles getting through to LiveChat, best to give our Sales Support team a call to get some more info on why the port isn't going through. You can reach them on 1300 300 562 Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 7.00pm EST. Let us know how you go.

Highlighted
New Contributor Broadhorizon
New Contributor

Re: Port request not going through?

After yet another lengthy live chat I've been given a third email address to use. This email seems to have gone through ok. I'll just wait it out and see if it's worked.

But if not, I'll give them a call.

Thanks for the response! I appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors